When it comes to effective garbage disposals, the name of Waste King automatically shines out. The company has more than 50 years of experience in making garbage disposals with excellent efficacy and productive results. They have been serving their customers with utmost care and dedication throughout these years. The wonderful reviews and feedback these products receive are proof enough of their superior quality of output. The garbage disposals Waste King provides are great for household purpose that comes with much cost effective benefits. For this very reason, waste king garbage disposals are ranked highly among our top recommendations for the best garbage disposals in 2020.
Among all the models offered by the company, L-9980 and L-8000 are their two top selling products. Though these two appliances are very much similar in many of their features, but many consider the model L-9980 to be somewhat superior to the L-8000. However, we have tried to compare the two and come up with a comprehensive discussion on the various aspects.
Waste King 9980 vs L-8000: What’s Similar?
- Motor Power — Both 9980 and 8000 garbage disposals are made with the same permanent magnet motor with a power of 1HP running at 2800 RPM. This means they both are capable of delivering a robust operation.
- Dimensions — Both waste king disposal models features a similar build and measure the same. The dimensions of the waste king 9980 and L-8000 are 16 x 8 ½ inches.
- The Power Cord — Both these two disposers are provided with hassle free power cords. This helps in avoiding messing with the wiring system.
- Noise Insulation — These two garbage disposals are inbuilt with a proper method of noise insulation. Their bodies are lined with proper insulating material to reduce the noise levels.
- Grinding Chamber — The grinding chambers of these two appliances are made of reinforced polymer. The grinding components are made of stainless steel. Garbage disposals with stainless steel grinding chambers are more resilient to tough wastes and do not jam easily.
- Feed Type — Both the L-9980 and L-8000 waste disposal come with a continuous feed type technology.
- Warranty — Both variants like most other waste king garbage disposals offer a limited lifetime warranty.
- Heavy Duty Construction — Both the devices are immensely useful if you have a large family or the amount of cooking done is huge. Otherwise the utility of both these products will remain underused.
- Price Range — Both the products are priced at a rather affordable price range. Priced at around $130 – $140, they might be categorized as low to mid level range for most of the users. Regardless, both variants provide remarkable efficiency in kitchen waste management.
Waste King 8000 vs. 9980: What’s Different?
- The Mounting System — One of the basic differences is the mounting system. The L-9980 uses the 3 bolt system that may take a longer period of installation. On the other hand, the L-8000 easier mount method called the EZ mount method. Also it should be noted that the L-9980 mount is constructed using the more durable stainless steel, while the L-8000 is constructed using aluminum.
- The Splash Guard — The L-8000 comes with a removable splash guard. On the other hand, the L-9980 is provided with a permanent splash guard which can be dismantled only if you feel the need to.
Waste King L-8000 or 9980: Comparison Table
|Features||Waste King L-8000||Waste King 9980|
|Installation||EZ Mount System||3 Bolt Mount System|
|Power||1 HP||1 HP|
|Sink Flange Material||Reinforced Polymer||Stainless Steel|
|Warranty||Limited Lifetime (20 years)||Limited Lifetime (20 years)|
|Grind Chamber Capacity||33.5 oz.||33.5 oz.|
Waste King L-8000 Compared to Other Top Sellers
|1. Waste King L-8000|
|2. InSinkErator Badger 5|
|3. Moen GXS75C GX Series|
|4. InSinkErator Evolution Excel|
|5. American Standard ASD-1250|
Selecting between waste king L-8000 and waste king 9980 is like opting between the two most popular models of a brand. L-8000 vs 9980 has been a fierce competition and the better choice comes down to personal preferences.
With some of the best features in market, both these products have a lot to offer to its users. From the above discussion it is evident that the mounting system methods of both the two products are equally good. Hence, the most important factor that needs to be considered id the customer’s taste and preferences. At the end, any user will be a winner when using either of the two products as both of them offers amazing efficiency and durability. However, if you look from the price aspect, L-8000 could be the more preferred choice among the two.