In today’s world, fast-paced technologies have changed our lives and increased our working hours and our workload. With that, we have to be efficient with every chore. And one of the holy product which came to our rescue is a best food processor. A food processor is a kitchen appliance used to facilitate repetitive tasks in the preparation of food.
A food processor is comparatively similar to blenders. But one should prefer a food processor over a blender because well, a food processor is a blender and more! It has interchangeable blades and disks, whereas a blender has a fixed blade.
Another benefit of a food processor over a blender is its efficiency. They are faster and better suited for larger quantities of food, that can be processed well in a solid or semi-solid state as well.
This advantage is imparted because of their wider and shorter bowls, which is a much better shape for these requirements. We do not need to add liquid while working with a food processor, hence introducing us to a whole new world of opportunities and experiments giving us the perfect texture of food, which seemed unattainable with a blender.
The different blades offer a variety of different shapes and cuts too. Instead of manually cutting vegetables with a knife, you can use a food processor. So, now, instead of spending more time in preparation of the ingredients, you can spend that time enjoying it a little more.
Today, I will be sharing the best food processors in the market.
Top 10 best Food Processor of 2018
1. Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor –
Cuisinart, as the name itself suggests, is art. Their food processors are like the brushes you need to create art. Not only are they efficient and fast. They are very elegant, very aesthetically pleasing, hence fits perfectly in your beautiful kitchen. These are perfect for gifting purposes too.
With this, gone are the days when you needed to spend hours in the kitchen, sweating, kneading dough or chopping vegetables. This amazing appliance does it all for you. It helps to ease your cooking process and makes it all about your passion for cooking. Industrial standard processors (like Waring or Robot Coup) are prohibitively expensive. Yes, those models are more powerful than cuisinart’s and are designed in a way that make repairs possible when you would otherwise have to buy a new machine. We have been using/abusing this exact model at my restaurant everyday for the last two years and counting. The serrated blades have stayed sharp.
They provide you with hassle-free packaging, 3 years warranty and includes even some recipes.
- You can knead the dough, chop vegetables, shred cheese, slice fruits, emulsify puree etc. It’s like another helping hand, only faster and more efficient.
- It’s 14-cup work bowl, allows us to be able to cook a large mean in much lesser time.
- It is also very durable and provides you a limited warranty of three years!
- It has high power, 720-watt motors, which makes the process faster and easier.
- The feed tube is very large, therefore making it even easier.
- The stainless-steel blades are not only durable but also provide consistently good performance.
- The plastic is prone to cracking especially from the high heats of industrial dishwashers and physical abuse (kitchen workers tend to be aggressive with their tools).
- The safety lock is tricky to completely clean if food gets in there.
2. Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef Food Processor –
This processor is simply brilliant. Creators have kept in mind the difference in shapes and sizes of different vegetables and fruits and their wide variety and still delivers perfectly cut vegetables and other items. There are a variety of blades you can choose from, depending on the kind of cut you want. Everything is possible with this appliance. The wide chute is perfect for different shapes and sizes.
This food processor makes the process of preparing food fun and not frustrating. With time I have come to truly appreciate and enjoy my Breville food processor. It took me quite a lot of time to figure out how to process doughs with this machine. Initially it just beat them to death. Well, the not-so-difficult (to figure out) secret is to watch the temp of your liquids and to limit your processing time. After 4 months of regular use I have to say that this has become my “go to” machine.
It has 8 discs and blades, stored in a compact container that makes it convenient to store on your shelf. It has 24 different slicing settings and can cut thin and thick slices, both. It had 16 cups making it easier to prepare for a large meal.
- Super Wide Feed Chute makes it easier and requires no pressure cutting of vegetables.
- Silicone Seal to prevent leakage
- LCD Display with Timer so that you don’t have to wait
- For your safety, it also has non-skid rubber feet
- Quiet heavy.
- The width of the plastic dough blade is shorter than the bottom of the big bowl by a full 2 inches
3. Braun FP3020 12 Cup Food Processor –
If you love cooking, you know, that the only frustrating and time-consuming step is slicing, cutting, shredding, kneading. And so, now, we have a solution for you.
Braun is a well-known top-notch brand in the food industry. This food processor has been rated the world’s top-rated 12-cup food processor. They bring to you, their best food processor, with the following features.
- Easy to assemble, silent and yet extremely efficient food processor.
- The capacious 12-cup capacity means I don’t have to worry about overflows or having to chop things in batches etc.
- It has very low power consumption and energy efficient.
- It’s designed in a way that it is easy to store and easy to clean too.
- They also provide you a one-year warranty!
- Instruction manual is not so great.
- It shakes around quite a bit especially when mixing bread dough.
4. Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Stack and Snap Food Processor –
This food processor is perfect for those who don’t want to read the manual and find it difficult to understand which blade to use when. About the wide mouth feed tube; You put drop large items in (potatoes, cheese..) and leave about 1/4 at the top for the large black pusher to engage the safety switch. As soon as the safety switch activates, the slicer/grater starts and the large items feed quickly. Simply pull out the pusher, drop in another large item and repeat. The motor has plenty of power to kick start and go to work.
With a 12-cup food processor, it also provides a simple guide that helps you know which blade to use when. It is simple and easy to use. It has a very strong 450-watt motor and unlike others, there is no maximum limit line, so you don’t need to worry about the quantity or leaks because it is tight and well-sealed.
- It is easy to use and well-sealed preventing leakage. Its design is unique and doesn’t require any twisting or locking.
- It has a wide chute, hence making it easier to put vegetables, as you don’t need to pre-cut.
- So, blades are effective and reversible, you can even shred cheese!
- The water gets stuck in the small hole divit
- The lid is not watertight, meaning that any liquids will leak out. The cup has a 12 cup capacity, though, so you may not run into this problem.
5. Oster Pro 1200 Blender with Professional Tritan Jar and Food Processor –
Over the last 70 years and more, Oster has become the best brand for food blending across the U.S.
Along with kneading, slicing, cutting, mixing, this food processor even crushes ice and turns frozen fruits into sorbet! It is one of a kind and has even more functions than a normal food processor.
It has 5 cups and is perfect for a larger amount of food. Abd, instead of pushing up, this processor pushes food down. This food processor is exactly what you’re looking for.
- It is very convenient and easy to use. The jar is made of Tritan and is BPA free, making it perfectly healthy for food processing.
- It reduced your hassles as it already has pre-programmed settings.
- It has wide blades and a wide chute.
- Also has smart settings technology and 7 speeds, making your work even easier.
- The rubber gasket, or seal, has been discontinued.
- Don’t overload the jar, better to run two batches than to push the machine to the limits.
6. Nutri Ninja Nutri Bowl Duo –
This has four versions:
- The Nutri Ninja Nutri Bowl DUO with Auto-iQ Boost
- The Nutri Ninja Auto-iQ Compact System with Smooth Boost Technology is best for drinks
- The Nutri Ninja with Auto-iQ
- The Nutri Ninja Pro helps us extract all nutrition from the vegetables we consume
It has one base, but two vessels, so you can interchange them. This feature makes this food processor very unique. It has a powerful 1200-watt motor. It makes cooking more professional and accurate. It gives the right texture to the foods we want.
- It has 4 cups Nutri Bowls, making it easier for larger quantities too.
- Auto-IQ Technology allows us to combine our specific needs and alter the time, allowing pausing and checking too.
- Since it is BPA-free, it is safe for consumption.
7. Breville BFP660SIL Sous Chef 12 Food Processor –
Not only does this food processor have a chute, it has three! This gives us much more precise results and allows us to process larger quantities of food and quickly.
They also have a good sense of accuracy and control. The slicer can thin paper-thin slices to cucumber thick, it has 24 settings. Food processing has become easier and efficient, like never before.
- We can use this processor to grate cheese, chop nuts, cut vegetables, knead the dough, slice vegetables etc. The possibilities are limitless.
- Utbhas 12 cups, hence perfect for a larger group too.
- It has pulse buttons which help one make themselves clear and gain control over the process.
8. Cuisinart DLC-2011CHBY Prep 11 Plus 11-Cup Food Processor –
Cuisinart is the perfect combination of beauty and functionality. It fits all kitchens perfectly. It stays with you through all the steps. It is an 11-cup processor which feels like 4 people helping you at the same time, only faster and much more efficient and perfect.
- It is a pretty good size and perfect for on counter storage
- The stainless-steel blades are sharp and therefore precise and consistent
- It is energy efficient, saves your energy and also your precious time.
- It has a large capacity and a perform multiple tasks at the same time, which even humans cannot.
9. KitchenAid KFP1333OB 13-Cup Food Processor –
With 8 color options, this food processor is going to be like a jewel in your kitchen.
It’s your kitchen’s helper and the perfect aid. It has an exact-slice system. All slices look exactly the same. You could be as good as a professional chef with this food processor.
Speeds are multiple optimizes and so we have many speeds to choose from. They also prove you 1 year of hassle free warranty.
- This unique food processor is the first one to have externally adjustable controls. Different sizes and textures of food can be easily cut using this.
- Wide chute requires minimal work.
- The seal is so tight that it seems like it’s been locked. So, you don’t have to worry about making a message either.
- They have a very powerful motor, and stainless feel blades, making sure each cut is perfect.
10. Oster FPSTFP1355 2-Speed 10-Cup Food Processor –
Are you ready to take your cooking skills to the next level? If yes, then this is the product you need.
With a 500-watt motor, this processor is built to help you. It has two-speed settings and is not very complicated and is, relatively easy to use. There is a pulse control to prevent you from over processing food.
- It’s around 7.2 pounds in weight and is compact and easy to store.
- With a very powerful motor of 500 watts, it has a very high speed.
- The speed variations can be done by a two speed and pulse control button.
- It has a food pusher which is smaller, to make it easier to use.
- Besides that, it also has a dough blade to knead the dough.
- The capacity of 10 cups, which makes it perfect for a party.
You can select the right food blender for you depending upon your requirement and budget. Now you can spend more time while enjoying your meals and not preparations now!