Top 10 best Convection Microwaves Ovens under $100 (2018)
A good kitchen always comes up with a good microwave, and it can make a huge difference in the kitchen style and functionality, but what if someone cannot afford a higher-end microwave? What then? Well, there are some really good models which come under $100 category. As rightly said, Not every expensive thing is better than the in-expensive ones. They might be overpriced? Correct?
This article deals with the best microwave oven that are under $100 and are one of the top 10 when this category is considered. They have the desired functionality, reliability and most importantly they look good. After a lot of research and analysis, we have come up with Top 10 best microwaves just under $100!
Top 10 best Convection Microwaves Ovens under $100
|Position||Oven Model||Brand||Type||Capacity||Ratings||Buying Options|
|1.||Farberware Classic FMO11AHTBKB 1.1 Cubic Microwave Oven||Farberware||Convection||1.1 cu.ft.||4.5||Check price|
|2.||Panasonic NN-SU656B Mid-Range Inverter||Panasonic||Convection||1.2 cu. ft.||4.6||Check price|
|3.||Daewoo Retro Microwave Oven||Daewoo||Convection||0.7 cu.ft.||4.2||Check price|
|4.||Sunbeam SGS90701B-B Microwave||Sunbeam||Convection||0.7 cu.ft.||3.8||Check price|
|5.||Kenmore Countertop Microwave 73092||Kenmore||Countertop Convection||0.9 cu. ft.||4.7||Check price|
|6.||Bella 700-Watt Compact Microwave Oven||Bella||Convection||0.7 cu.ft.||4||Check price|
|7.||Westinghouse WCM660W Counter-top||Westinghouse||Convection||0.6 cu.ft.||4||Check price|
|8.||RCA RMW741 0.7 Cubic Feet Microwave||RCA||Convection||0.7 cu.ft.||4||Check price|
|9.||Sharp Microwaves ZSMC1132CS Sharp 1000W||Sharp||Convection||1.1 cu.ft.||4||Check price|
|10.||Emerson MW9255B, 0.9 CU. FT. 900-Watt||Emerson||Convection||0.9 cu.ft.||4||Check price|
|Extra||Chef Star CS72123 cu. Ft. 1100-watts||Chef Star||Convection||1.2 cu.ft.||3||Check price|
1. Farberware Classic FMO11AHTBKB 1.1 Cubic Microwave Oven
One of the highest rated Microwave Oven on Amazon which sells under $100. Why? Because, it has features that makes it a tough contender even for $200 microwave ovens. It looked great. It was sleek, with stainless steel and black lines. It doesn’t beep forever if you forget about your midnight snack, it has the capability of the :30 command, it does the thing where you hit 2 and boom, 2 minutes comes up. It’s quiet, it’s 1000 watts, and it’s consistent. The handle is super easy to use and it doesn’t slide around. The tray spins and is easy to assemble. People said they were weirded out by the fact that it was gray inside. I was weirded out by the fact that I had ever not had a grey microwave. My friend Sara came over and I showed it off. I mean I really, really like this. Can you tell? These issues are all concerns I did not know I had until I read up about microwaves.’
At full power, with 1000 watts, you can easily heat a full dinner plate in a minute, bake a couple of potatoes in ten minutes, or make a quart of ice cream more easily served with a spoon in ten seconds. The compact size makes the unit a reasonable choice for a kitchen countertop. It is 14.5″ deep, not counting the front handle, That’s a couple of inches more shallow than a typical full sized microwave oven. Of course, the downside of this is that there’s less space in the oven. A full dinner plate fits nicely, but a serving plate won’t. The oven itself is about 14″ x 13″ x 7.5″. It seems somewhat dimly lit, but that is partly the result of the interior being dark gray. (My Sears Kenmore full size oven is 16″ x 16″ x 9.5″, for comparison). The turning glass platter in this Farberware unit is 12.5″ in diameter.
Trust me, these are all important things. This is NOT the microwave for you if you live in a small apt or college dorm. I have a lot of counter space and this was just fine for that. I have had 0 problems with this and I recommend it to anyone and everyone who is looking to purchase a new one. I will update if it happens to blow up, but I have a feeling we’re going to grow old together.
- 1000 watts of cooking power and 10 power levels allow you to adjust the power from 10% to 100%; Multi-stage cooking for custom-cooked meals and snacks
- 1 through 6-minute Express Cooking quick start controls and Add 30-Seconds control
- 6 One-Touch cooking functions for popcorn, potato, pizza, frozen vegetable, beverage, or a dinner plate; Memory Function stores and calls up cooking settings instantly
- Defrost by time or weight; Digital control and led display with clock and kitchen timer
- Removable rotating glass turntable; Keypad Lock prevents unsupervised use. 1.1 cubic foot cooking capacity, sized to fit on your kitchen counter
2. Panasonic NN-SU656B Countertop Microwave Oven with Genius Cooking Sensor
It’s solid and very good looking. Due to its mid-size, the microwave fits virtually anywhere with total ease. Plus, its 1200-Watt cooker is so powerful to defrost large meals quickly. It’s white inside, which I like, although the light only comes on when it is cooking. You guess you can live with that. As far as hitting the power button multiple times to get the desired power, as some reviews mentioned, I guess no one cooks at 20%? I generally use 70-80%. it’s never been an issue. I haven’t tried the Keep Warm function yet but that mode appeals to me. The best thing I like about it, in addition to its simple functionality, is how quiet it is compared to my old microwave . Even the beeps at the end are quieter.
The only negatives I have found so far are that it is too small inside for oversized platters, but it handles a large dinner plate just fine, and the defrost function seems to be only for meat, i.e., can’t defrost a muffin on auto defrost because it asked for number of pounds. Neither is a big issue for me..I am very happy with the size as I have limited space on my counter. Overall a great choice!
- Three colors are available: black, White and Stainless Steel.
- It weighs around 25.5 pounds.
- Size of the microwave is 15.9 inches X 20.9 inches X 12.3 inches.
- Cooker dimensions are 143/8 inches X 1315/16 inches X 912.16 inches.
- Control panel with push-button door release.
- One touch genius sensor cooks
- Quick Minute
- Clock and timer
- Child safety lock
- Inverter turbo defrost
- It comes up with ten power levels which can be adjusted according to the dish that we are cooking.
- Defrosted food can be heated easily with the press of the button
- Save time when cooking and during reheat with its inverter You only need few minutes to defrost any frozen meals like meats, vegetable, etc. Instead of spending the time to wait for it thaw.
3. Daewoo Retro Microwave Oven, 0.7 cu. ft
The microwave is very pretty to look at and although slightly smaller than most microwaves it fits a standard sized plate and I haven’t had any size issues yet. So if you are willing to sacrifice some performance for aesthetics than I fully recommend you get this microwave. It seems to heat things really well (faster than the bigger microwave that we used to have) and the defrost function really seems to defrost quickly, evenly, and without pre-cooking the food. I really like the knob that you spin to set the time (so cute!), and the 30 second push button is perfect for quickly adding time. I thought we might feel annoyed about having to turn the microwave ON each time we used it, but it’s really not an issue. You do have to remember to clear any remaining time, however, if you want it to power off automatically.
You’ll get tons of compliments on the look of this microwave. I wouldn’t call it “mint green” however. It’s definitely turquoise.
- 4 auto cook menu
- Two-way defrost
- Zero standby function
- 5 microwave power levels up to 700w
4. Sunbeam SGS90701B-B Microwave
It comes up with some really good features which include programmed buttons for standard microwave dishes such as popcorn etc. Another impressive feature is the microwave continues beeping as a reminder that the food is ready. It’s available at $79.99 in the market.
- Product dimensions 17.8 X 13 X 10.3 inches.
- Item weighs about 23.1 pounds.
- 10 adjustable power levels with 700 watts of cooking power.
- 6 auto cooking/one touch menu options.
- Express cooking and weight defrost.
- Removable glass turntable
- Digital timer and digital clock
- LED display.
- 7 Cubic-Foot microwave oven
5. Kenmore Countertop Microwave 73092
This product comes at $79.99 with the right size of compact 0.9 cu ft. Capacity, perfect for smaller kitchens and dorm rooms. This 900-watt microwave features six smart touch settings that cook for small favorites without selecting the cook time or power level. The memory feature lets you create and save customized settings. It comes up with multistage cooking which lets you pre-program levels and times, so it automatically switches from defrost to cook.
- Inner dimensions are 8.31 inches X12.36 inchesX12.66 inches.
- Cord length is 3.28 ft.
- Interior capacity is 0.9 cu. Ft.
- Interior Size range varies between 0.8 cu ft. And2 cu ft.- Mid-Size.
- Cook times can be increased at 30-second intervals.
- Furthermore, this comes with an easy to read LED display.
- 6 glass turntable.
- An easy push-button
- It comes up with a 1-year
- Child lock for such places where small children might come and try to open the microwave.
- One touch food is present.
6. Bella 700-Watt Compact Microwave Oven
Brings a touch of fun and style to the kitchen with the compact microwave from Bella. This microwave provides a 0.7 cu. Ft. Of capacity with the 700-Watt of power and 10 power levels for versatile food prep. To ensure even heating for most standard-sized dinner plates it comes up with a removable 10 inches turntable. LED clock and timer are provided for easy to use digital interface.
- Dimensions (Depth X Width X Height) 13X17.3X10.2 inches.
- 9 Cu. Ft. Also available.
- 1-10 levels and multistage cooking present
- 1-6-minute quick start with plus 30 seconds present.
- Defrost by time or weight is there
- Custom memory
- Child lock out
- One-year warranty.
7. Westinghouse WCM660W Counter-top
This microwave is perfect for small countertops or elderly persons with vision impairment. Good for simple stuff with a 600-Watt cooker makes this one of the smallest and the cheapest in the market. The microwave is completely knob controlled which makes it better for those folks who have a hard time reading LED digital displays.
- 6 cubic feet capacity.
- Available for $60.
- Unit dimensions (Width x Depth X height): 17.8 X 13.3 X 10.2 inches.
- Unit weight: 23.1 pounds.
- 6 convenient cooking power levels (high, med/high, medium, med/low, defrost, low).
- A 30-minute timer with audible end of cooking signal.
- Easy to grip type handle.
- Mechanical, rotary dial controls make it great for those seeking simple and basic operation.
- Perfect for small apartments.
8. RCA RMW741 0.7 Cubic Feet Microwave
Comes at a price of $76 with the features of larger models. A compact model which fits in an area beneath the counter that works very well in the kitchen. It comes up with the power of 700 watts which makes it a small model with the power equivalent to larger models.
- Item weighs around 25.1 lbs. Which makes it very easy to move and deploy.
- Material type available is metal.
- Wattage is around 700 Watts.
- Item dimensions are 14.25X18.5X11 inches
- Stainless color is available.
- 7 cubic feet capacity present.
- There are 10 power levels available with the product.
- Cook by weight feature is present too.
- Glass turntable is there
- End cooking signal and speed weight defrost.
9. Sharp Microwaves ZSMC1132CS Sharp 1000W Countertop Microwave Oven
This mid-sized 1.1 cu ft. The microwave is much than a choice for reheating and everyday cooking; it’s more turned to achieved more popping results. Some of the features such as popcorn button to pop up your popcorn and simply enjoy the light and fluffy popcorn. It’s not just made for popcorn, its 1000 watts of power gives you rapid reheating and fast cooking. Easy to clean stainless steel finish with scratch resistant glass door compliment your style. It’s available at the price of $88.72 which might change depending on the seller to seller.
- Item dimensions are 20.3 X 12.0 X 14.9.
- Comes up with 1.1 cu. Capacity.
- Power is 1000 watts, which makes it more powerful than other microwaves.
- Turntable diameter is 11.2.
- Available in frustration-free packaging.
- Orville Redenbacher’s certified popcorn preset tuned for optimal popping results.
- Premium blue LED modern, easy-to-read cool-blue display.
- Convenient “+30 sec” key for an instant
- Express cook for one-touch cooking up to 6 minutes.
- 2″ Carousel turntable for even cooking using a full-size dinner plate.
- 1 cu. Ft. Capacity provides more space.
- Available in four colors: Black, white, Stainless steel and Pearl
10. Emerson MW9255B, 0.9 CU. FT. 900-Watt Microwave oven
This product comes up with the 900-watt giving the required power with the required size; this is perfect for places where the size is not much of an issue. Cooking presets are present which take the guesswork out of cooking popular foods like popcorn and frozen vegetables. At the touch of a button, your favorite foods can be cooked according to the proper power levels. Further, its Removable Glass turntable ensures it can be easily removed for easy clean, and its lightweight feature ensures complete, evenly cooked food. Child lock feature is an added advantage which makes sure that small children cannot operate it accidently. Time and weight defrost sure to enter the weight of the food, and the oven automatically sets the optimal defrosting time and power level or even let you set your own desired time for defrosting.
- Item dimensions are 19.1X14.6X11.5 (WXDXH)
- 10 power levels are present.
- 270 mm turntable.
- 9 cu. Ft. Capacity.
- 10 power levels
- Time and weight defrost
- Child lock feature available
- Express cooking
- 6 auto-cooking menus
- Memory and kitchen timer function
Extra: Chef Star CS72123 cu. Ft. 1100-watts countertop Microwave
This is available for $75 and comes with a 1100 watts power making it powerful enough which is equivalent to the larger and costly microwave ovens. The product has been tested and certified by the manufacturer or some third party to make sure it looks and works like new, with limited to no signs of wear.
- Item dimensions are 15X24X19 inches
- Item weights around 35 lbs.
- 1100 watts.
- The microwave has 1.2 cu. Ft. Capacity interior
- With 1100 watts and 10 power levels it allows you to cook a variety of foods
- Sensor function cooking automatically adjusts cooking time by detecting moisture in food
Looking for something Premium? Check below options:
These are some of the Top 10 Convection Microwaves in the market under 100$ and completely worth each penny.