Best Air Purifier for Home: Over the time, pollution has now almost become an integral part of the life in urban settlements. No matter which metro city you refer to, you will come to the understanding that the residents all the metro cities struggle with pollution in one or the other way. Despite continuing efforts from the government as well as other private institutions to prevent pollution, there has not been any substantial positive difference in the poor quality of air. The air quality index of the major urban settlements is barely showing any improvements.
As a board-certified allergist, I’m often asked, “what air filter should I buy?”. First of all, do you need a filter at all? If you’re allergic to just dust mites, don’t bother. Dust mites are carried on large particles (10 micrometers, or microns), and only stay airborne for 15 minutes after being disturbed (such as making the bed or running a vacuum cleaner). They won’t even get to the filter, so no matter what filter you buy, it can’t filter something that doesn’t STAY airborne. But if you’re allergic to something carried on tiny (~ 2 micron) particles, such as cat dander or grass pollen, then by all means consider getting an air filter.
Due to this degraded quality of air in the around us, we are exposed to a plethora of diseases. Many studies have shown that the poor air quality index and increased pollution in the cities is one of the major reasons why there is an alarming rise in the number of people suffering from respiratory diseases. These are the diseases which are spread due to pollution in the air along with bad air quality. Ranging from respiratory diseases suffered by adults to other health hazards which are faced by pregnant women, there are a zillion ways in which the bad air quality can have direct and negative impacts on the health of the people who are exposed to it.
Taking all this in consideration, we conclude that there is an existing dire need to install air purifiers in our homes, offices or other such indoor places to ensure that no one is no longer exposed to a zillion diseases of which they are not even aware. The air purifiers do this task of ensuring that people are not exposed to bad quality air by removing air contaminating elements from the air which is present indoors. Hence, this alarming rate at which pollution is increasing is the answer to the question of why air purifiers are needed at all.
Knowing that the need for air purifiers is on the rise now due to polluted air around us, we will analyze and make out that which are the best air purifiers that one can buy. We know that not everybody excels in making decisions regarding which electrical equipment is to be bought next and what model should one go for. It is understood that any individual might face a lot of difficulty in coming to a final conclusion as to which is the perfect and most suitable model of air purifier as per his requirements. Considering that almost everybody is running on a paucity of time to check out all the good air purifiers in the market and then decide, we’ve listed down the top 10 best Air Purifiers for allergies, smoke or pet odour which shall help you in coming to a conclusion. From these, you can opt the one model which you think is sufficing your needs.
Top 10 best Air Purifier for Home & Office
1. Rabbit Air MinusA2
This one is undoubtedly the best air purifier because of the numerable features that this one piece of brilliance offers. It is no doubt that this Air Purifier which has sought number 1 place on our list of top 10 air purifiers is also rated to be the best Air Purifier product of 2018.
This one has 3 features that were new to me. One was an adjustment to sense pollen in the air (plus another adjustment to make it more sensitive). Another was the automatic “Sleep” function: When it gets dark – and it got dark in my living room early last night – the “mood light” goes out and the fan slows down. The third feature, one that I thought was frivolous and stupid, is that Mood Light. It is the band of light you see in the picture. It is solid blue if the Air Purifier is sensing dirty air. It changes color if it is sensing pollen. I have been a meditator for 40 years. I find this Mood Light to be calming and it helps me focus when beginning to meditate. So is by far the best best air purifier for allergies.
- It is enabled with a technology of 6-stage air purifying technique which results in the cleanest and freshest air that is possible.
- The front panel of this purifier can be adjusted in design as well as color by the user which is one of the most artistic features that is rarely found in purifiers.
- Also, it has several kinds of filters such as the Pre-filter, Medium Filter, BioGS Filter, Carbon Filter & customized Filter which ensure the optimum performance of this best air purifier of 2018.
- It has the capacity to serve an area of about 700 sq. ft.
- The Pre-filter prevents other filters from large particles to ensure the longevity of those filters.
- This comes with a 5-year warranty for customer satisfaction.
The only demerit that you can stumble upon for this one is that the price might appear to be a little too high to you as compared to other options available in the market.
2. Levoit Compact Air Purifier
- Comes with a very compact size and handy design.
- You can carry this little device to your office or on your weekend trips.
- With its 3-stage air purifying technique with Pre-filter, TRUE HEPA Filter & Activated Carbon Filter.
- It has a nightlight which comes with 2 settings for brightness.
- It is most suitable for a season when allergies trigger the most, for example, spring.
- It does not make use of Ions and UV which ultimately make this device 100% ozone-free.
- It is coming with a 2-year warranty.
One demerit that you might find in this product is that it requires the filter to be changed every 6 months. But then again, the easy availability of the filter makes things stress-free.
3. Honeywell HPA300 True HEPA Allergen Remover
Allergists have recommended Honeywell Air purifier review to hold Rank 1 amidst all other brands. What makes this purifier convenient is that it comes with a timer setting. This is that one air purifier, which is in the very first place recommended for large indoor spaces. This unit is by far the best and quietest air filter that I have ever owned. Consumer Reports rates this air filter very high and with good reason, because it’s the best and most affordable unit on the market to date. The unit is very simple and offers double filtration, the extra thick charcoal filter is first, followed by the extra thick HEPA filter. The air is pulled in from the front of the unit where it goes through both filters and then comes out from an air grate on the top of the unit just behind the controls. This makes it a great space saver that can be placed almost anywhere, especially against a wall. There are 4 levels of filtration, 1) GERM, 2) GENERAL CLEAN 3) ALLERGEN and 4) TURBO.
- This smart little product utilizes the Carbon Filter and True HEPA Filter technology in order to do the air purifying.
- It has a 4-level air cleansing technology which are Germ, General Clean, Allergen as well as Turbo.
- The automatic shutdown timer which this device comes with can be set for 2 hours, 4 hours or 8 hours.
- There is a control panel which can be used to dim the light.
- It wipes away the allergens, odor as well as smoke particles from the air for a space of almost 465 sq. ft.
- This device can filter and then circulate indoor space’s air at a rate of 5x per hour when it is being used in the indoor space of recommended size.
4. Winix PlasmaWave 5500-2
This air purifier stands out from the other air purifiers in the market because it relies on and makes use of a distinct technology known as PlasmaWave. The PlasmaWave technology enables the purification of air to take place without affecting the ozone. The body is a hard, matte black plastic that feels sturdy and durable. There are 3 filters in total, and they fit snugly inside the filter chamber, amd ate secured in with the prefilter that snaps firmly into place.
The control panel at the top is intuitive and user friendly. The buttons are clearly marked and visual cues explain what each button does taking out any guesswork as to what they do. A stylish indicator light bar runs along the bottom of the control panel indicating the level of air cleanliness with a 3 color scheme…green for clean, orange for okay, and red for bad. This is the quietest air purifier I’ve ever owned. On level 1, it’s almost undetectable, and even on level 4 turbo mode, it’s no louder than a standing floor fan on high. This is the most silent Air purifier in the list.
- It is enabled with the Carbon Filter and True HEPA Filter for air cleaning.
- This is also a smart device since it has a feature that will recognize the air quality in the room and automatically adjust the settings of the purifier accordingly.
- Comes with the PlasmaWave Technology.
- It has a sleep mode where the device operates silently.
- It is most suitable for a room of 360 sq. ft.
- The auto mode settings ensure that the fan speed is automatically set at a point which is needed to clean the air at a given point in time.
5. AIRMEGA 300s Smart Enables Air Purifier
Just like a Smart TV, this is a truly smart device. One can easily connect his iOS or Android phone with AIRMEGA purifier and manage this air purifying device. It has excellent airflow. They say it can clear out a 1560 sq ft room twice an hour – which works out to 416 CFM. Considering the price, that’s pretty impressive. There are 2 filters that are both nice and thick – and they’re rated for a year of use. Each filter contains 3/4 Lbs of carbon (in addition to the HEPA filter) – so this purifier contains 1.5 Lbs of carbon total. Once again, pretty respectable considering the price. One of the biggest selling points for me was the scheduling – and that works great! Since this isn’t in our bedroom, we’re running it on the highest setting at night, on medium during the day, and then on low in the evening when we’re all in the room.
If that’s that not enough, the Purifier comes with a fully functional Android app which allows you to control different settings without you even having to go to the purifier. The Air Purifier creates a hotspot network and you just have to connect to the network and Voila, you can control your purifier from your smartphone remote. This is probably the best Air purifier in terms of features.
- This comes with a monitoring system which will check and let you know about the quality of air that is there indoor.
- This is suitable for almost any household requirement because it serves an area up to 1256 sq. ft.
- The device can be managed by easily connecting one’s phone with it.
- This comes with a washable pre-filter and 2 filter sets of Activated carbon & Green True HEPA.
6. Hamilton Beach TrueAir Compact Pet Air Purifier
You are too sick of the odor that has replaced your indoor air because of the advent of pets? This air purifier by Hamilton makes your life easier. This is a must for every pet owner to ensure air quality within the house for the pet as well as for themselves. If you’re pissed from your pet’s odour, this one is for you. It completely eliminates pesky pet odors and dander with the triple filtration technology. The Air purifier comes with, 2 zeolite filters to target pet odors, and a permanent, HEPA-grade filter for capturing small particles as small as 3 microns.
- With a permanent HEPA type filter installed within this air purifying device, it successfully gets rid of all sorts of air pollutants as well as the pet hair, if any within the house.
- It has the capacity to keep the air clean of an indoor space of up to 140 sq. ft.
- It also comes with zeolite technology which ensures that the pet odors from the indoor spaces are eliminated.
- It can be used both horizontally and vertically.
- The best feature is that this device operates with almost no noise due to the ultra-quiet operation technology.
7. Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner
This air purifier comes with a brilliant amalgamation of features to satisfy and cover the majority of the market. This is an air purifier which also meets the demands of the pet owners as it removes pet hair and pet dander from the indoor air. If you get irritated from your pet’s hair falling off everywhere or the unpleasant smell it leaves that your friends say about, this purifier is for you. The 9500 uses 5 stage filtration to almost completely eliminate the hair, dander and odor of your pet to leave you with comfortable living. This is the best air purifier for pets.
- It comes with a 5-stage air purifying technique to clean the air indoors.
- It is enabled with technology that focuses on removing pet dander and pet hair from the indoors.
- It has 2 smart sensors which make it a great choice for most of the people.
- It comes with PlasmaWave Technology.
- The pre-filters of this product are washable which ensures the longevity of other filters in the product.
- The advance odor-control carbon filter which comes with this product is also washable.
8. Coway Mighty Air Purifier AP-1512HH
This well-designed air purifier is built to clean the air of not only dust and allergen particles but also of bacteria and odors commonly found in the household. This is also the ideal product for people who believe in energy conservation. This Air purifier is pretty reactive to bad odour, it immediately turns on as soon as it observes smells, smoke and other air-purity issues when they are occurring.
- This product comes in two basic colors viz. white and black.
- It comes with an Ionizer & ECO mode. The ECO mode shuts down the product as and when it detects that the air quality is good indoor and needs no further cleansing. This makes it a very energy efficient device.
- This is recommended for indoor spaces of up to 361 sq. ft.
- It comes with a timer setting which can be set at 1 hour, 4 hours and 8 hours.
9. GermGuardian AC5000E 3-in-1 Air Cleaner
As the name suggests, this product comes with a 3-in-1 air cleaning technology to get rid of the unwanted air particles of all types. Hence, this makes it the suitable product for all people suffering from allergy. It is advised that this is the most appropriate product for large to medium rooms. This is not as powerful as the ones in the list, but it’s pretty decent for the price it’s being offered. If you’re talking about value for money, this Air purifier review would be the best.
- Another stand out feature which this product offers is the UV-C Light which kills virus & bacteria that are harmful to human health.
- It comes with a True HEPA filter.
- Has a light to indicate the replacement of filter and bulb.
10. Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier
This is that one air purifier which can effectively operate in large indoor spaces and at the same time, it is fully customizable too. There is an auto function, and it really works. I notice it change speeds whenever I’m doing something that might affect the air quality. Great feature. This is what makes Alen BreatheSmart desirable and stand out from the rest of the products.
- It is a standard air purifier which comes with 4 HEPA filters.
- You can choose the one filter which supports your needs the most.
- This air purifier has the capacity of cleaning around 1100 sq. ft. of space indoors.
- Also, you can choose from a number 16 front panel color designs that one which will suit your interior the best.
- It has the Smart feature of automatically detecting the air quality and then adjusting the settings accordingly.
- It comes with WhisperMax technology which ensures that the peace and silence of your indoor space are not sacrificed for good air quality.
Protect your near and dear ones from pollution around us today and breathe clean with the help of an air purifier! You want to know everything about the air filters and purifiers, you can check the comprehensive guide. Also, if you’re looking for more Kitchen or Home appliances, you can visit our Homepage to get reviews on everything.