If you haven’t already but are now keen on fitting a water heater at your home, we strongly recommend not to settle for anything less than a Rheem! The Rheem brand of water heaters has made its presence felt in this market; quite a prominent one at that too. It’s deemed the best provider of continuous supply of hot water to homes while facilitating huge savings on energy bills too.
Topping the charts currently is the Rheem Fury 22V40F140 gallon water heater. It’s the best because it’s a perfect blend of luxury with economy. This means that people who’re on a budget but who also want the best features of higher-end models would find their dream come true in this single buy.
Rheem Fury 22V40F1 Water Heater Review
Before we begin reviewing the key features of this product, it’d be noteworthy to mention here that Rheem Fury 22V40F1 40 gallon water heater is an old model and has thus been discontinued for sale in the market by the company. Nonetheless, the model has swiftly been replaced by a newer and equally efficient version – Rheem PROG40-38N RH59 – 40 gallon water heater. Here we review the best and perhaps not-so-good features of this new model to help you with your purchase.
- Total water capacity – 40 gallons
- Energy saving – emits low carbon and is a relatively environment-friendly burner
- Warranty – The heater is equipped with a Rheum exclusive registered R-Tech anode rod that offers tank protection for longer; 1 year warranty covering all parts and components of the appliance
The water heater has a low Knox design to comfortably meet continual hot water requirements of up to 40ng/J Knox. Also, the heater can be lit up quite easily, without the need for any matches. The water heater is 601/4” tall, weighs 130 pounds and measures 20 x 20 x 50 inches. Peaking at similar dimensions, you can even refer to our take on Bradford White gas water heaters as a competent alternative.
2. R-Tech technology
This Rheem water heater model has a registered anode rod that comes with Rheum exclusive R-Tech technology which facilitates long-lasting protection to the water tank. Also, the EverKleen patented system helps prevent any build-up of sediment in the water heater despite regular wear and tear.
This model, like most other products of Rheem brand, comes with low carbon-emission function. This helps you make a significant contribution to maintaining the environment. It can be termed as one of the best eco-friendly burners in the water heater market.
4. Flow Rate
The water heater comes with an improved-flow brass drain valve, an upgrade over its previous version. This makes the product low-lead compliant as well. Since the drain valve functions easily, the amount of lead in the system is found in relatively less quantities than other water heaters in the market.
Pros & Cons of Rheem PROG40-38N RH59– 40 Gallon Water Heater
- Eco-friendly; less fuel consumption owing to the low Knox design
- R-Tech anode rod protects the tank longer providing greater warranty against damage
- Easy-to-light appliance; no matchsticks needed
- Patented EverKleen system prevents deposit of impurities in the device, ensuring cleaner water flow for longer durations
- Brass drain valve facilitates smoother functioning of the appliance while also preventing lead sedimentation in water flow
- At least 1 year warranty is provided by Rheem on all the parts and components of this water heater model.
- High-efficiency model; in the range of 58-62% which allows for higher quantity of hot water at lower operating costs, thereby facilitating huge savings on monthly energy bills.
- Easy to clean device; no filter set up which means no cleaning or maintenance required.
- Automatic Fuel/Air Shutoff Sensor to easily detect any problem that may arise in the appliance during its working.
- The water heater takes up a big space and weighs 130 pounds which may make it slightly heavy to lift and move around.
- The model may seem slightly costlier to some customers when compared to its other counterparts in this market.
Rheem PROG40-38N 40 gallon water heater currently outweighs all other similar models in the market. Equipped with some of the best features of high-end models but at a price that comfortably suits every pocket, this product appeals all kinds of customers. Another area where this appliance scores over its contemporaries is the lead emission. Where most other devices make use of higher amounts of lead in the heater’s heating element, which is extremely harmful to both the skin and the environment, Rheem scores a point here.
The brand has managed to maintain the lowest amounts of lead usage in its product so that customers are protected against harmful chemicals during bathing, washing dishes, or doing the laundry. As such, the product does seem like a great buy at this price.
Which Water Heater Size is Right for You?
When you decide to go buy a water heater for home use, you’re bound to find options aplenty in the market. To make things more confusing, they come in varying sizes which can easily put you in a fix as a customer. What size of the water heater would be ideal for your home needs, you’d wonder? Here’s how we can help:
- 30-40 gallons – ideal for 1-2 persons
- 40-50 gallons – ideal for small families of 2-3 people
- 50-60 gallons – ideal for a family of 3-4 persons
- 60-80 gallons – works best for large households comprising 5 people or more
Hope this chart helps to determine the right capacity size of water heater to buy for all your hot water needs at home. Besides the capacity, of course, there are few other important points to consider as well such as material, lead usage in heating element, emission, energy efficiency, and price of the model. Also, it’s better to always look up online reviews of every product or model that you intend to purchase. On a different note, if you’re a small family, you could even get away with a tankless water heater and save up some space.
A water heater appliance is an expensive product and usually one that’s set up for a long time to come. You wouldn’t keep changing it every few years until it requires replacement due to excessive wearing off. This is why it’s important to buy one only after a careful assessment of the points detailed above. Once you’re convinced, go ahead and set up a water heating device in your home to make life comfortable when you’re cold. Of course, Rheem leads the way at the moment and as stated in this post is currently a great buy.