During the contemporary trend of smart kitchens, induction cooktop is indeed a notable addition. It has defined the concept of smart cooking in a whole new light. There are several models of induction cooktops available in the market, but NuWave Precision Induction Cooktop is the one to watch out for. It is based on advanced induction technology and comes with a thick 9” hard anodized Duralon ceramic non-stick fry pan.
NuWave is known for manufacturing some of the most user-friendly yet inexpensive induction cooktops. They have a reputation of making reliable and durable products that are loved by the customers due to its easy to follow operational program. The all new NuWave Precision Induction Cooktop is no different at all. This product is a great addition to the company’s valued cooktop range due to its multi-functionality and affordability. But is it just the hype? Is it worth the price it demands? You will find the answers here. In fact, if you’re unsure about how good it is, then this NuWave Precision Induction Cooktop Review will clear your doubt once and for all.
NuWave Precision Induction Cooktop Review
|Power Output||1300 watt|
|Temperature Range||140°F – 500°F|
|Portability||Compatible to be used outside the kitchen; for camping|
|Energy Efficiency||Highly energy efficient and no heat is lost warming up the cooking surface|
|Safety||No open flames or hot coils; cool cooktop even during cooking|
|Warranty||1 year limited|
Why do we Recommend the NuWave PIC Induction Cooktop
This Precision Induction Cooktop or PIC is perfectly lightweight and portable. It allows you to use it practically anywhere and not just within the restricted confines of the kitchen. The sleek design of the device adds to its portability. It has been crafted in a special circular fashion to save the wastage of space. You just need an active electrical connection to run it. The cooktop can be used anywhere in the backyard or RV. It can also be carried to the campsite during some outdoor trips.
2. Energy Efficient
The NuWavePIC directly generates the heat within the cookware. This feature limits the wastage of heat to a considerable extent. This feature allows better energy-saving and proves itself to be energy-efficient. The cooktop never uses more than 1300 watts. Cooking can also be done here using 600 watts and 900 watts as well but will never exceed 1300 watts. Unlike the conventional electric or gas stoves, the PIC conserves up to 90% of the energy wasted. The energy efficiency of this cooktop is 83% of the traditional gas cooktops or that of radiant electric cooktops.
- Precise Temperature Control: The precise temperature control settings of this unique cooktop give you impeccable results every time you use it. You can control the temperature in 100 adjustments anywhere between 1000 F and 5000 F. There are a total of 45 temperature control settings for this multifunctional cooktop. Most of the other cooktops have heat control limited to certain vague settings like low, medium or high. This does not give you the correct temperature, often resulting in either undercooked or overcooked food.
- Programmable : NuWave’s Precision Induction Cooktop Flex is uniquely convenient, to say the least. Apart from the temperature control precision, PIC allows you to make gourmet dishes within a jiffy. There is an unparalleled programming technology which carries a memory of the last 100 hours. This gives you the liberty to program the process of your favourite meals. PIC is multifunctional. You can boil, saute, simmer, steam, grill, deep-fry, stir-fry, barbecue, slow cook, melt and sear. In short, this fulfils nearly all the requirements of the several methods that are followed during cooking. This unique programming gives a new edge to this induction cooktop.
4. Additional Safety
- Magnetic Heating: NuWave’s Precision Induction Cooktop Flex is made using a series of magnetic induction coils. These coils are placed on the cooking surface to create a magnetic field. The coil reacts to the steel and iron-based utensils, to create heat. This process practically helps in saving heat and energy. This PIC also does not use an open flame or fire or hot electric coils. The very same induction cooking tech is used in standard induction cooktops and portable/built-in dual burner induction cooktops. The cooktop remains cool even during cooking because of this. It reduces the risk of accidental burns and fires to a considerable extent.
- Automatic Shutoff: This automatic feature enables the cooktop to turn off automatically. It offers a sensitive cooking and turns off automatically when the cooktop gets overheated. Moreover, if an induction-ready pan is removed from the base of the cooktop, the device shuts off automatically. This unique and state of the art safety features makes the device highly favourable and popular among the customers. It gives an added advantage over any other standard model. It secures the user as well as the device together.
NuWave PIC Induction Cooktop Complaints
1. Requires Special Cookware
As with any induction cooktop, this one too, requires induction-ready cookware. While you could use cast iron pans with the cooktop, it isn’t recommended to do so as it may scratch the cooktop surface in the long run. Though, this information is not specifically mentioned anywhere in the device description. A lot of users may think that stainless steel is magnetic and will react positively with this induction cooktop. But, in reality that is not the case. As most of the kitchens possess stainless steel equipment, this special requirement of utensils might be a drawback. Glass, ceramic or other cookware devoid of iron, are also unsuitable to work with this cooktop. You have to have a different set of cooktop-compatible utensils for cooking with NuWave PIC.
2. Too rigid Auto Shut-off
NuWave’ssafety measures of the auto shut off feature works a little too rigidly. As soon as you remove the pan from the surface of the cooktop for tossing during cooking, the cooktop shuts off automatically. You have to manually turn on the switch every time to get it functioning again. This becomes really annoying if the device continually keeps stopping. It hampers flow of the cooking to some extent.
Better Alternatives to the NuWave PIC Induction Cooktop
Although the NuWave PIC Induction Cooktoop is a very impressive deal for the price, you might want to compare it with other best sellers in the market that are just as impressive if not more. We’ve listed down some of our favorites below for your reference. For a more thorough comparison, you may refer to our compilation of the best portable electric stoves before you finally settle on a model.
This portable induction burner uses no more than 120 V, 15 amp electrical outlet. It possesses 20 pre-set power range levels to choose from. This ranges between 100W and 1800W. The cooktop is highly energy-efficient when compared to any conventional gas stove or electric cooktop. It features a digital LCD sensor and is child-lock compatible and prevents any pre-set program to change by mistake. There are several timer buttons to choose from, based on the cooking needs. It is compatible only with magnetic bottom cookware and takes about a minute for the machine to detect the correct cookware. It turns off automatically if the cookware is incorrect.
This type of cooktop is suitable for all standard homes. It is satisfactorily energy-efficient, portable and lightweight. The usage is absolutely hassle-free. It is sleek and space-saving. The digital LED features a screen-lock system. This prevents any chance of change in the pre-set menu. The temperature control ranges from 1000 F- 4500 F, separated by 250 F adjustments. There is also a digital timer. Auto shut down activates in case of a short circuit, overheating, high voltage issues. It features a 6010 Induction Interface Disk. Any induction compatible cookware made of cast aluminium, stainless steel with a magnetic bottom, cast iron utensils can be used here.
There are 9 power and 10 temperature control settings in this model. The electromagnetic coils are uniformly placed. This allows the heat to spread equally throughout. It reduces cooking time noticeably, thus, saving more power and energy. It is far more efficient than all the conventional cooking mediums. The temperature control ranges from 1400 F- 4640 F. This cooktop is multifunctional—suitable for frying, boiling, slow boiling, steaming, deep-frying, etc. It is compact, portable and lightweight. The high-quality glass-ceramic panel ensures enhanced wear resistance and is waterproof. The cleaning is gentle and easy. It comes with a warranty period of 18 months.
From the above discussion, it is clear what are the basic advantages and disadvantages of NuWave Induction Cooktop Flex. But, based on the customer reviews, it can be said, that this product gives the value for money. The uniquely articulated and technologically advanced cooktop has defined the smart kitchen in a whole new light. It does not limit you to cook within the limited confines of the kitchen. This portable, lightweight, safe and energy-efficient unit is a must for all kitchens. Although slightly pricey, the investment is undoubtedly worthy.