Pleasing to look at, exceptional energy efficiency and flawless cooling performance; you can bring all of this to your home or work place with a Daikin inverter AC. Unanimously leading the Indian air conditioning market, Daikin remains one of the very few reliable brands that has been producing air conditioners with top-notch quality and unparalleled features.
In today’s Daikin AC review, we’re going to be reviewing three of Daikin’s 1.5 ton split ACs that have been in overwhelming demand since they were introduced. A 1.5 ton Daikin split AC, for reference, can effectively cool rooms with 120 – 190 square feet area. If you’ve got a smaller or a larger room size than this range, we’ll make sure to link their corresponding counterparts for smaller and larger room area coverage.
Daikin AC Review – Our Top 3 Picks
- Energy efficient inverter compressor
- Copper condenser coil
- Internal stabilizer
- Power chill mode cools your room almost instantly
- Built-in PM 2.5 filter traps particles up to 2.5 microns in size
- Quiet operation at just 45 dBA sound rating for the highest fan speed
- Environment friendly R32 refrigerant gas
- 1 year warranty of product and condenser, 5 years on compressor
- 17100 Btu/hr cooling capacity as opposed to a standard of 18000 Btu/hr for a 1.5 ton AC
Hands down, the FTKP50TV is one of the most popular and sought-after air conditioners in the Daikin inverter range. The reason for its popularity comes down the optimal proportions of attributes like decent room coverage, 4-star rating, an inverter based compressor and still a very attractive price point.
Inverted based air conditioners like this one are enabled to adjust the speed of compressor corresponding to the cooling requirements. This ensures optimal usage of electricity saving you a good bit of money in the long run. An inverter AC also directly corresponds to minimal temperature fluctuations thereby maintaining uniform and precise cooling.
Besides, this 1.5 ton model from the FKTP series from Daikin has a plethora of fascinating features justifying its unmatched demand. Following are some of the attractive ones that you might relate to. The AC has a 3D air flow that enables it to distribute cool air to every corner of your room and not just where the flaps are set.
It also includes a “power chill” feature that aids in immediate cooling of your room during extreme summers. You might find this feature the most resourceful if you live in any state with harsh summers. With this 1.5 ton AC at your service, your room temperature drops in a snap once you hit that power chill button on your remote after coming from a sunny street.
Next, the air conditioner is also somewhat of an air purifier. No, seriously! The outflow of cool air passes through a built-in PM 2.5 filter that traps suspended pollutants and allergens to give you a much cleaner breeze of cool air. Lastly, all of this is done while making the least possible noise. Yes, your Daikin air conditioner is a rather quiet model with only 45 dBA sound rating at the highest fan setting and 35 dBA at the lowest. All in all, a very reasonably priced inverter AC that has been backed by humongous acclamation from existing users.
- Commendable energy efficiency with a 5-star BEE rating
- Can effectively cool large rooms of up to 180 square feet area
- Internal stabilizer
- Highly durable copper condenser coil
- 3D air flow and power chill modes
- Environment friendly R32 refrigerant
- Quiet operation at only 47 dBA at the highest fan setting
- 1 year warranty on product and condenser, 10 years on compressor
- No particle filter to intercept pollutants
Turning the minor con of the 1.5 ton variant from the FTKP series as its strength, this inverter split AC has a maximum cooling capacity of 20472 Btu/hr as opposed to the 18000 Btu/hr standard for 1.5 ton air conditioners. What these numbers essentially mean is the air conditioner can be used to effectively cool slightly larger rooms than 150 square feet. Perhaps up to 180 – 190 square feet should not be a problem with this one.
Further, the FTKF50TV is an enhanced 5-star Daikin AC that’s even more energy efficient that our previous pick. Although this model is priced somewhat higher, it pays for itself in the long run. Apart from a higher BEE star rating and relatively higher cooling capacity measured in Btu (British thermal units), other features remain pretty much the same.
The airflow is guided in all directions covering the length, breadth and height of the room, leaving no scope for temperature fluctuations in different parts of the room. Second, the Inverter compressor adjusts electricity usage in relation to the cooling required. As opposed to fixed speed air conditioners, their inverter based counterparts use far less power and by extension, money in return for a consistently cool room or work place.
Again, this model from Daikin has an instant cooling setting that the brand calls “power chill”. If you’ve been out for a while on a sunny afternoon and upon returning home, feel like you’ve entered a chamber of pre heated oven, just hit the power chill button and watch the heat escape in seconds.
Subsequently, if you like your room quiet and peaceful, you need to lookout an air conditioner that’s actually been tested and allocated a sound rating for all its fan speed settings. For this one, what you hear on the top fan setting is comparable to mere whispering. The sound produced by this inverter AC varies from 32dBA to 47dBA for all fan settings in between the lowest and highest ones. Lastly, you even need not be concerned about refrigerant leakages owing to the durable copper condenser coil.
- Lower price point
- Internal stabilizer
- Inverter compressor
- Power chill mode to for quick relief from heat
- Self-diagnosis: displays unique code corresponding to the issue for quick resolution
- Quiet operation on all fan speeds
- Copper condenser
- 1-year warranty on product and condenser, 5 years on compressor
- Higher annual energy consumption
For our readers that won’t mind skipping on a couple of trendy features to save a few thousand rupees on their purchase, here’s a budget Daikin inverter AC that arguably provides more than what it is available for! Rated to cover and cool room sizes of up to 150 square feet, the air conditioner has a cooling capacity of 17100 Btu/hr.
While it certainly uses more electricity than its 4- or 5-star counterparts, it’s still a pretty good deal considering the reduction in the price. At a 3-star BEE rating, the split AC consumes about 1045 units annually, as opposed to 926 units of our 4-star pick and 727 units of the 5-star model. Not much of a difference unless you’re thinking of years down the line with the same model. Despite a 3-star rating, the unit beats fixed speed air conditioners at energy efficiency.
Besides, this one too has got some functional features including the power chill to reduce your room temperature instantaneously, coanda airflow, econo mode to restrict the AC from working at maximum power consumption and self-diagnosis that allows to you to directly communicate a code displayed corresponding to the error to the service centre in order for hassle-free resolution.
The unit works quietly indoors. The sound rating for the lowest and highest fan settings are 35 dBA and 45dBA respectively. Also, the split AC has a copper condenser coil making it a pretty durable model with regards to maintenance.
Why Choose Daikin?
Daikin Industries Ltd is a Japanese multinational company that manufactures Air Conditioners. It operates in many countries, including India, the United States, Australia, and many more. It has gained a high reputation throughout the globe because of it’s durable and high- quality products. Daikin ACs are made to last long and provide you with cool air even in extreme weather. They include all the latest features and technology to provide a perfect experience. They are effective in India’s tropical climate where the temperature may reach 50 degrees C. Because of it’s high- quality products, Daikin has become one of the fastest-growing AC brands in India.
Daikin air conditioners use the latest technology in the market to provide a superior and luxurious experience. These are some of the unique technologies used by Daikin.
- 3D Coanda Airflow: Usually, ACs include a swing blade that can move the airflow upwards or downwards. This may not be useful for blowing cool air to each corner of the room. To ensure proper and thorough cooling inside the room, the latest Daikin ACs come with a 3D airflow function that allows vertical as well as lateral movement of the blade. As a result, cool air gets blow to every direction to provide pleasant air conditioning in the entire room.
- Power Chill Mode: With the help of this mode, Daikin ACs can cool a room much faster as compared to other ACs in the market. Once you enable the mode, the cooling effect is maximized. As a result, the room cools down within 20 minutes.
- Streamer Discharge Technology: A constant increase in the levels of air pollution in India in the past few years has to lead to an increase in the number of respiratory like asthma and lung cancer. To make sure the air inside your house is clean, Daikin has come up with Streamer Discharge Technology. All dust particles, pollutants, bacteria, and allergens are filtered out with a four-layer filter included in Daikin AC. The technology ensures clean and cool air inside your house.
- Stabilizer- free Operations: Voltage fluctuations and regular power cuts in most towns in India may damage the AC. To handle this problem, Daikin’s premium ACs come with stabilizer- free operation. The unit automatically turns off during fluctuation to prevent any serious damage.
- Copper Condenser with Anti- Corrosive Fin: All Daikin ACs include a condenser made 100 percent of copper. As compared to aluminum, heat transfer is better in copper condensers. They are also easier to maintain and clean. The anti-corrosive fin extends the AC’s life by protecting it from corrosive elements.
- 2 in 1 Heating and Cooling: The modern air conditioners by Daikin are not only capable of cooling your room but also heating it when the outside temperature is very low. The ACS would be useful in hot summers as well as cold winters.
Is a Daikin Inverter Split AC worth the Investment?
Among the popularity and prevalence of inverter air conditioners, what better than opting for an inverter split AC from the masters of the craft themself. Daikin India is profoundly known for producing the best inverter split AC models in India and we’ve tried our best to list down their top air conditioners in this Daikin AC review.
All of the three picks are way too popular among people and for all good reasons. These models have included a bunch of unique features that are nowhere to be found in their other prevalent brands.