It no longer comes as a shock to know that the ‘drinking water’ supplied to our households isn’t pure enough to keep waterborne diseases at bay. According to Downtoearth, About 37.7 million Indians are affected by waterborne diseases, 1.5 million children die of diarrhoea and 73 million working days are lost due to waterborne diseases annually.
Clean drinking water is still a far-fetched dream for a large section of the population in India. At such times, it becomes imperative for you to take charge. You can ensure the safety of your loved ones by installing a water purifier at your home.
You might not realize its importance right now, but buying a water purifier is arguably the best gift you could give to your body. As said, “The mistakes of the world are warning message for you.” It’s time to learn from the ongoing epidemic diseases and buy a good quality water purifier for your home and office.
Why do you need a Water Purifier?
There are several components present in water that are responsible to make it impure and unsafe for consumption. For example, some of such fowl elements are Bacteria, Coli, Pesticides, Nitrates, etc.
It is a well-established fact that the consumption of contaminated water might lead to severe health issues. Some of the minor health issues which an individual consuming contaminated water might contract are Vomiting, Cramps, Diarrhoea or Nausea. While other severe conditions like amoebiasis, shigellosis, cholera, typhoid etc. are caused by pathogenic microorganisms that are transmitted in water.
You can never tell about the impurities in the water just by visual examination. There can be many pathogens or other germs present in water which are not visible to the naked eye but are highly dangerous to health. A water purifier checks for all the harmful elements that could pose a potential threat to your health. Subsequently, it eliminates all those hazardous substances making the water fit for consumption. If you want to read more about different benefits of Water Purifier, you can check our complete article on that topic. Below are some of the benefits of drinking purified water:
- Nourished glowing skin
- Improved scalp and hair health
- Aids in weight-loss
- Keeps your joints and muscles healthy
- Clean water aids digestion
What is TDS Ratio?
TDS ratio is a crucial factor to consider while examining a water sample for it’s purity. TDS stands for Total Dissolved Solids. It is measured in PPM.
The solids in TDS are Potassium, Magnesium, Chlorides, Sodium along with Calcium and sulfates. Water is a universal solvent, so any of these components get easily dissolved going unnoticed.
Advanced water purifying technologies can help users to conveniently manipulate the TDS ratio. Water purifiers are equipped with technology that figures out the existing TDS ratio and the same can be later set to a certain desirable amount. It shall then be achieved by running the purification session. Water containing TDS concentrations less than 1000PPM can be safely consumed. Although, the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) has fixed the upper limit of TDS for drinking water at 500PPM.
Now that you are aware of the potential health hazards of consuming untreated water, there is an immediate need for setting up a system that’ll ensure the safety standards of drinking water for your family. Talking in simple terms, installing the best water purifier is a requisite at present times.
Once you have made up your mind for buying an Air purifier but you might still be confused. You can literally browse through innumerable water purifier models that claim to be the best in business but deliver nothing but disappointment.
Well, if you’re currently looking for the Best Water Purifier in India, take a deep breath. Because we are here to help you pave your way through all the false claims and advertisements. We have a compilation of the Top 10 Best Water Purifiers in India that are promised to accompany nothing but efficiency and excellence.
You can make a choice from the products listed below based on your needs and personal preferences. Rest assured for their performance, for we have thoroughly analyzed each Water Purifier on the basis of it’s design, cost-efficiency and consumer feedback.
Top 10 Best RO Water Purifiers in India
|Rank||Product name||Capacity||Buying Option|
|1.||HUL Pureit Ultima RO+UV Water Purifier||10 Litre||Check Best Price|
|2.||Livpure Glo RO+UV+Mineral Water Purifier||7 Litre||Check Best Price|
|3.||Kent Grand Plus RO+UV+UF Water Purifier with TDS Control||8 Litre||Check Best Price|
|4.||Kent Grand Wall-mountable RO+UV/UF+TDS Water Purifier||8 Litre||Check Best Price|
|5.||Kent Maxx UV+UF Water Purifier||7 Litre||Check Best Price|
|6.||Kent Ace Mineral RO TM RO+UV+UF Water Purifier||7 Litre||Check Best Price|
|7.||Blue Star Aristo RO+UV ARMBLAM01 Water purifier||7 Litre||Check Best Price|
|8.||Havells Max RO+UV +Mineralizer Water Purifier||8 Litre||Check Best Price|
|9.||HUL Pureit 5L Classic RO+UV Warer Purifier||5 Litre||Check Best Price|
|10.||Livpure Pep Plus RO+UV+UF Water Purifier||7 Litre||Check Best Price|
HUL Pureit Ultima RO + UV Water Purifier
Pureit is a well known brand in the Water Purifier industry and the World’s Largest Selling & Best Water Purifier brand. Pureit’s revolutionary products are built using the most innovative technologies like RO, UV, MF and Oxytube.
The HUL Pureit Ultima Water Purifier is arguably the best water purifier available in the market presently. It is especially designed for the needs of joint Indian families. The purifier comes with an appreciable capacity of 10 litres. It has a black color shiny finish with a digital display panel which provides a detail information about the water quality. The digital display combined with it’s modern look gives it a high-end look. It’ll surely add to the overall aesthetics of your kitchen.
On the downside, this purifier needs constant supply of electricity to dispense water. So, it can get a bit annoying during unscheduled power cuts.
- Large storage capacity of 10 litres.
- Guided Alert System illuminates the faulty area with a segment of red band.
- TDS can be brought down to desirable values.
- Analyses and indicates the purity of water.
- Up to 100% Water Purification achieved with the help of help of RO+UV+MF.
- Ideal for large joint families.
- Equipped with TDS control system.
- Extremely aesthetic design and sleek look.
- Suitable for Tap water as well as borewell water.
- Adds essential minerals like Calcium and Magnesium.
- Enhance the taste of water.
- Slight water wastage.
- Doesn’t dispense water without electricity.
Livpure Glo 7 liter RO + UV + Mineral Water Purifier
Livpure is a very well-established brand in the Water Purification Industry. The Livpure Glo & liter Purifier is a sleek White color Model that adds to the allure of the kitchen. Coming to it’s performance, this model can easily treat water having TDS of up to 1500PPM. It is equipped with an Auto Shut-off feature that automatically stops the purification process once the 7-liter tank is completely filled.
This model can deliver purified water up of to 12 liters per hour. Also, the mineralizer adds the required minerals to the purified water and balances the pH of water resulting in enhancement of taste and quality of water.
- Features a storage capacity of 7 litres.
- Equipped with a mineraliser to add certain required minerals.
- Power on, Purification process and tank full indication.
- Auto shut off feature prevents wastage of water.
- Delivery rate of up to 12 litres per hour
- Features easily readable LED Display.
- Added minerals result in better tasting water.
- Can treat water having TDS of up to 2000PPM.
- UV radiation disinfects water from pathogenic bacteria, virus and protozoa.
- Can be used to treat tap water and borewell water.
- No TDS level indicator.
- No storage water level indicator.
Kent Grand Plus 8L RO + UV +UF Water Purifier with TDS Control
The Kent Grand Plus is an extremely versatile water purifier suitable for tap water as well as borewell water. Also, owing to it’s compact and sleek design it can be introduced in both households and business premises. This model has a storage capacity of 8 liters and can deliver purified water at rate of 20 liters per hour.
The Kent Grand Plus uses double purification of RO + UV/UF to successfully remove dissolved impurities such as chemicals, bacteria, viruses and salts etc. Kent’s mineral RO technology retains the naturally occurring minerals in water using the TDS controller, thereby providing safe and tasty drinking water.
- Features filter change alarm that indicates filter replacement time
- Water storage capacity of 8 liters
- Equipped with TDS controller
- Purifier body constructed form ABS Food Grade Plastic
- Can purify inlet water from all sources.
- UV fail alarm indicating inefficiency of UV lamp.
- Mineral RO technology retains essential natural minerals
- Water level indicator
- Optional rejected water tank
- Slight wastage of water
- Difficult to clean water tank
Kent Grand 8litres Wall-mountable RO + UV/UF + TDS Water Purifier
The Kent Grand 8 litres RO + UV/UF + TDS water Purifier is an 8 liter capacity water purifier for home that uses Multi-stage Purification. RO + UV/UF make sure that the outflow of purified water is free from all chemicals, microorganisms and salts to make the water fit for consumption.
This model can be used to purify water form all sources such as tap water or borewell water. Kent Grand comes with computer-controlled filter change alarm and UV fail alarm. The UV fail alarm enables the user to know about the inefficient UV lamp. Also, the body of the purifier is made up of ABS food grade plastic. There is no major difference between KENT GRAND and KENT GRAND PLUS except for the additional water level indicator in the latter.
- Water storage capacity of 8 litres
- Body of the purifier is constructed from ABS food Plastic
- Features an inbuilt TDS controller
- Equipped with Filter change alarm and UV fail alarm
- Can purify inlet water from all sources
- Mineral RO technology retains essential natural minerals
- Purification capacity of up to 15 litres per hour
- 11W powerful UV lamp ensures elimination of pathogens
- No water level indicator
Kent Maxx UV + UF Water Purifier
Kent is one of the most prominent brands of Healthcare products in the world. The Kent Maxx UV + UF water purifier has a capacity of 7 liters. Water from the inlet source, passes through the ultrafiltration chamber that removes the impurities present in water. After the ultrafiltration, water passes through the UV chamber where it gets completely disinfected.
The combination of ultrafiltration and ultraviolet purification technology makes up for the purest quality of drinking water. Also, the detachable tank adds to the convenience.
- Uses both UV and UF technology.
- Eradicates bacteria, cysts as well as virus from water.
- Purifies highly contaminated water.
- The UF membrane ensures all suspended impurities are removed.
- Features a storage capacity of 7 litres.
- Detachable tank.
- UV + UF purification technology.
- Cost effective.
- Low maintenance cost .
- No water wastage.
- Cannot be used for highly contaminated water.
- High water pressure required for tank to fill up.
Kent Ace Mineral RO TM RO + UV +UF Water Purifier
Kent Ace Mineral 7 litre Water Purifier is an advanced water purifier equipped with Kent’s patented Mineral RO technology and an Inbuilt TDS controller. The inbuilt TDS controller helps in retaining the naturally occurring minerals in water to ensure that it delivers the best quality of drinking water. It’s compact and sleek design makes it suitable for installing in domestic households as well as business spaces.
In terms of performance, this model can be used for purification of tap water/ municipal corporation water supply. The model uses RO + UV + UF to ensure that all forms of impurities such as chemicals, bacteria and viruses are eliminated. It has purification capacity of 15 liters per hour.
- Water storage capacity of 7 liters.
- Uses RO+UV+UF to ensure elimination of all forms of impurities.
- Body of the purifier is constructed using ABS food grade plastic.
- Equipped with filter change alarm and UV fail alarm.
- Uses 11W UV lamp for eliminating microorganisms.
- Equipped with internal TDS controller.
- Water level indicator
- Easy bottom screw access to clean water tank
- No LED display.
Blue Star Aristo RO + UV ARMBLAM01 7-litre Water Purifier
Aristo from Bluestar is water purifier that lies well within the budget range of the vast majority. Along with being affordable, it offers excellent service. Aristo uses RO + UF purification Technology along with Aqua taste booster. The Aqua taste booster enhances the taste of water by optimizing water pH.
RO + UV offer two stages of purification to ensure that the outflow of purified water is free from all forms of impurities. This model also features copper impregnated Active Carbon that helps in elimination of smell, volatile compounds. Moreover, it also possesses anti-bacterial properties.
- Storage capacity of 7 liters
- 10-inch filter ensures efficient purification process.
- Features a unique child lock button on the tap to avoid unnecessary wastage of water
- Purification-on Indicator to highlight on-going purification process
- Tank-full Indicator to alert user when the tank is full
- Low pressure alert to indicate low pressure in the input water supply
- 6-stage efficient purification process
- Aqua taste booster enhances taste by optimizing pH
- UV fail alert provides prompt alerts in case of inefficient UV lamp functioning
- Suitable for purifying water from all sources viz; tap water and borewell water
- Automatic shut off when tank is full
- Requires high input water pressure
Havells Max RO + UV + Mineralizer, 8L Water Purifier
The Havells Max features a compact design suitable for installing in domestic households as well as office spaces. It displays a vibrant color combination of white and sky blue along with a transparent water tank. This model delivers a purification of up to 100% using RO + UV in 7 different stages. The ‘revitalize’ feature restructures water molecules and subsequently improves hydration and mineral absorption.
Although pre-filter is not necessarily required, if used, it’ll only add to the service life of inner filters. This model is equipped with TDS control and the purified water tastes good. Havells Max might be a bit on the higher side of the price range, but it’s certainly a value for money product.
- Has a unique design that lets you mount it in a corner saving space
- 7-stage purification with germicidal UV-C ensures safest drinking water
- Water storage capacity of 8 liters
- Features a detachable tank resulting in easy cleaning
- Aesthetic vibrant appearance
- Can be used for treating water from all sources
- Purification capacity of up to 15 liters per hour
- Revitalizer restructures water molecules and improves hydration and mineral absorption
- UV, SV and pump failure alert system
- Zero splash faucet
- Tank full and low input water pressure alerts
- Slightly expensive
HUL Pureit 5L Classic RO + UV Warer Purifier
The HUL Pureit Classic Water Purifier features an advanced 6-stage purification process. It has a storage capacity of 5 litres. It is a Power Efficient device and is equipped with advanced Voltage Fluctuation guard. Coming to it’s performance, the purifier can treat water having TDS of up to 1800 PPM. Moreover, it can reduce TDS levels by 90%.
This model can be used to treat tap water as well as borewell water. It also features advanced alert indicators including UV bulb inefficiency indicator. On the downside, it doesn’t have water level and power indicators. Also, the purifier makes slight noise while in operation.
- Capacity of water storage is 5L
- Features a break-resistance tap
- Durable build quality
- 6-stage RO + UV purification
- Can be used to treat water having TDS levels of up to 1800PPM
- Affordable price
- 90% TDS removal ensures safe drinking water
- Advanced Voltage fluctuation guard
- 6-stage purification fetches clean and tasty water
- Water wastage
- No power and water level indicator
- But noisy while in operation
Livpure Pep Plus 7L RO + UV Water Purifier
Pep Plus from Livpure is an aesthetically appealing model with bright purple color. It has a water storage capacity of 7 liters. The model can be used to treat water from all sources. It uses advanced double water purification process to ensure elimination of chemical compounds and pathogens.
It is loaded with smart features like power on, purification process and Tank full indication. The purifier can deliver up to 12 litres of pure water per hour. The model also features a silver impregnated Carbon Filter that enhances taste and quality of water. The Carbon Filter is also capable of removing any volatile impurities if present.
- Water storage capacity of 7 litres
- Uses advanced reverse osmosis and Ultraviolet disinfection column
- Silver impregnated Carbon Filter enhances taste of water
- Can deliver up to 12 litres of pure water per hour
- Water from all sources can be treated
- Compact and elegant design
- Easy to clean
- RO + UV ensure complete elimination of pathogens
- Water with TDS of up to 1500PPM can be treated
- Enhanced water taste
- No TDS level indicator
There you go! The above collection of water purifiers are most certainly the best deals available in the market at present. All of the featured models are highly efficient and cost- effective. At times like these, where everything is diluted and adulterated, make sure that the most fundamental need of your family is fed to them in the purest form.
Did you like this list of water purifiers? Make sure to check Best Kitchen Buy before buying any appliance for your home and Kitchen. We thoroughly use and compare different products before writing any review about the product. If you didn’t find any product which you have used and found better, make sure to let us know about it in the comment section.