Our Best Picks
There are lots of guides available online about choosing the best microwave oven under rs.10,000 in India but here’s what makes this unique:
We’ve tested 33 microwave ovens selling for under rs. 10, 000 and discovered that majority of them don’t have features and functionality that you need in your kitchen. Out of the 33 microwaves we tested, we shortlisted 10 of them as the best microwaves that will last long in your kitchen without much maintenance. Choosing a microwave under Rs.10,000 doesn’t necessarily have to mean that you get a model that doesn’t even last a year. If you have an even tighter budget, we also have a list of best Microwave oven under Rs. 5000
The good news is, you don’t have to spend a minute on the internet reading review after review.
- We’ve done all the tests for you
- We’ve included the critical factors you need to consider when you are buying a microwave
- We’ve also listed the best microwave ovens that will save you time in the kitchen
So that you don’t waste any minute looking for a needle in the haystack. Isn’t that what you want? To save time and have our meals ready when we need it. Ready, let’s dive right in.
Best Microwave oven Under 10000 Rs in India
1. IFB 25L Convection Microwave Oven (25SC3, Metallic Silver)
Did you know that you can create up to 26 new flavors and cuisines using this microwave? Thanks to its auto cook features which lets you enter the weight of the food and does the cooking for you.
Secondly, the defrost setting on this microwave works well when you want to thaw food. Like the auto features, all you need is to key in the weight, and it will calculate the required power it needs to unfreeze your food.
Whether you have little toddlers’ home or you don’t want your kid to touch the microwave. The good news is the IFB comes with a child lock setting. What this means, is that before you kid operates the microwave, he/she will need to enter some specific codes for it to work. Doing this will minimizes the risk of injury and fire in the kitchen.
- 25 L capacity is perfect for a family of 3 or 4
- Comes with conventional features that allow you to cook, grill, preheat, defrost, and bake
- Sensitive touch pads that work at a press of a button
- 26 Auto menus available for you
- Delivers 2000 watts which means that you will cook food fast
- Customers complains of noise and other says that they did not receive the starter kit.
2. IFB 23 L Convection Microwave Oven (23BC4, Black + Floral Design)
Anytime I hear my friends ranting about the IFB 23 L capacity microwave. I am reminded of the three unique things about it. There is main reason why this microwave has received lots of love from customers in the past.
First, the floral design. I know some people don’t look at the design, but imagine the allure it will have on your kitchen decor. Depending on where you place it, it will blend perfectly, therefore, elevating your interior.
Second, the power saving feature. Given the fact that it is meant for small families or person living alone, it was an excellent idea for the manufacturers to include this feature so that small families can save 40% of energy bills. Listen, even if you live alone and you are on a tight budget, this microwave won’t cause a dent in your pocket.
Third, the keep warm setting deserves a mention, because it is an essential inclusion since it helps in keeping meals warm for the next 90 minutes after they are cooked.
With its LED digital buttons, you’ll be an in a position to operate and get informed at every stage of cooking. The combination of power grill makes it easier for any cooking mom or Indian chef to brown their delicious meals like a chicken with ease. If I had a small family, I wouldn’t hesitate to get on my own or give it to my daughter for her birthday.
- Like the Godrej, you will save 40% on electricity because it has a great power save compared to other microwaves.
- The LED digital buttons keep you informed at every stage of cooking so that you don’t burnt or overcook your own food.
- Comes with a handy power grills to make it easy for you to brown delicious meals with ease
- You’ll definitely do well with 23 L capacity if you have small family or leave alone
- With 1400 watts, you will have your food on the table fast
- Huge noisy when you are using it. I will appreciate if the company made some adjustment in this area
Listen, the Samsung model combines effective heating and conventional cooking to boil, roast and heat every meal to the perfection you want. You should put on a smile when buying this microwave because it is conventional.
Like any convection microwave, you will have food on your table faster when you need compared to traditional microwave. Thanks to its grilling element, you can cook food such as Pizza and BBQ. Apart from that, the microwave comes with smart designs features and finish that will give your kitchen a premium look.
The stainless-steel coating ensures that this microwave last your longer for years. Its preheated setting is so comfortable to use that, all you need is to press the button and keep the food warming. Microwaves rarely come with antibacterial protection, but Samsung 21 L is an exceptional. It comes with ceramic enamels that prevent bacteria from entering into the food.
With its roomy interior, the microwave can accommodate large bowls or dinner plates of foods. Despite the minor setbacks the Samsung 21 L convection microwave has, I still find it great, and I would recommend it for anyone that wants a premium microwave.
- The 21 L capacity is perfect microwave oven for bachelors and small families
- Uses advanced technology (Triple distribution system) to meet all your cooking needs
- Ceramic enamel is infused with anti-bacterial properties to prevent from entering inside your microwave
- Combination of ceramic enamel and stainless steel makes it durable
- I wish this microwave came with start kit like any other high-end microwave.
4. LG 21 L Convection Microwave Oven (MC2L 466BL) Black
If you are still in doubt about which microwave to own, you can’t go wrong with LG 21 L convection microwave. First, it provides you with 365 auto cook menus, which means that you can cook, boil, heat and bake anything with it. And also keep in mind that some microwave like IFB has 26 auto cook menus. 365 is a major plus because you have no limit over what you can or can’t cook.
Second, sliding the microwave doors, the lights turn on automatically to give you a clear view of the interior. The timer functions and other keypads work well, and I didn’t have any issues or complaining about operating them.
Using my estimates, I found that it takes 6 minutes and 40 seconds to defrost my meat. And the microwaves did notify me when it was time to flip and roll the meat to the other sides. By the way, I consider 6:40 to be pretty standards for any microwave and I can’t complain about that.
A great addition that I love on this microwave is the Quartz Heater which protects you against injury or burning your hand when you place or get food out of the microwave. It is a feature worth mentioning because most microwave won’t have it.
- Unlike most microwaves, the LG model comes with a starter kit
- Delivers 1860 watts. More power means you’ll cook your meals fast.
- 365 auto cook menu for you to cook various Indian dishes in record time.
- Protects your hand from injury thanks to the quartz heater
- There’s a complaint of customers not receiving all the accessories included in the purchase
5. LG 28 L Convection Microwave Oven ( MC2846 BV, Black)
Do you have a large family, then you will need a 28 L LG convection microwave? It is the ideal capacity for a large family that do lots of cooking or have large bowls and dinner plates. Apart from that, I am happy to say that; you’ll enjoy lots of conventional features on this microwave because it offers you shortcut buttons to heating, defrosting, ghee and paneer.
The most notable feature I fell in love with is the auto defrost functions and what it does is automate the temperature and timer you need to thaw food. The keeping warm setting is there to ensure that your food remains warm for the next 90 minutes after preparation.
Did I forget to say that it has a stainless glossy finish? Yes, it has that for two reasons. First, it ensures that your microwave will last long, thanks to its rust-proof features. Second, steel is a great conductor and circulates heat in the oven so that you boil, heat, bake and defrost meals fast.
Noticeable bonus you get from buying this microwave is the Indian recipe eBook that has delicious recipes you can prepare and eat with your family. If you have a large family, I can vouch for this microwave because it will last longer and help you make food fast when your family needs it.
- The 28 L capacity creates more room for you to cook whole chickens in it once. Such capacity is great for family.
- 365 auto cook menu for to select and cook your mean with ease
- Accompanies a recipe that contains some of the delicious Indians meals.
- Misleading information on Amazon’s page. Amazon says it doesn’t come with a starter kit but it does come with a complimentary starter kit.
6. Godrej 28 L Convection Microwave Oven (GME 528 CFI PM, Black)
How many are looking for a budget-friendly microwave oven? Everybody right. The good news is Godrej 28 L convection microwave is the one you need to have. Not only does it have the best price but it has features you will see in any high-end microwave.
Guess what? It’s 2200 watts, do you know what that means for your cooking? It means that you will cook, bake and preheat fast compared to other conventional microwaves. Maybe you are wondering, do you also save power using it? It has a standby mode that you can use to save 40% on energy bills. The Godrej is holy grail convectional microwave oven.
The 28 L capacity makes it the largest convection microwave on my list. If you have a large family of 7 or 10, this is a microwave that you will need. Not only will it speed up your cooking, but you can also fit two large bowls and dinner plates perfectly inside.
Godrej comes with lots of cooking modes available. For instance, the multicuisine features are ideal if you want to cook more than 125 cuisines and 90 Indian dishes. The instacook options come with plenty of recipes for you try at home with your family.
Thanks to its multistage features, you can perform a lot of function with it such as defrosting, baking and roasting all in one sequence. Imagine that.
- Great microwave for big families because has a capacity of 28 L
- Several cooking modes to enhance your cooking skills such as instacook options, multi cuisine, and multistage cooking
- Throws of great amount of heat which should be able to warm your food in record time. Has 2200 watts as its power potentials.
- You save 40% on energy bills
- Made for steel for long lasting performance
- Its maximum temperature is 180 degrees that means if you want to cook or bake something at 200 degrees. You can’t do with it. The rest of the features work fine.
7. BPL 30 L Convection Microwave Oven (BPLMW30CIG, Black)
When buying a convection microwave oven, the most important thing I always pay attention to is the cooking time. You can only know this if you see the number of watts that power the microwave. Sorry to say this but BPL has 900 watts, which means it takes longer times to prepare meals by 20%. Thanks to its conventional features, it will make meals faster by 25% than a most traditional microwave.
I consider the 25 L capacity to be enough for a family size of four. You can cook, bake, grill, reheat or defrost any meal fast using it.
Aside from that, the smart power selection deserves a saying because it ensures that food won’t overcook. Using it, you can select the different power levels to do various cooking functions. The stainless-steel cavity and surfaces are going to last long. On the cooking side, the cover is critical because it allows a uniform circulation of heat. When you buy this microwave oven, you also get a recipe book to help you make tastier Indians meals. With its LED display you have excellent control of your microwave.
The only problem I have with the 30L model is that it produces sound during baking. Other microwaves that I have bought like Samsung are silent in operation.
- Perfect for big families because of the 30 L capacity
- Equipped with smart power selection to help you use different power levels to operate the microwave
- Stainless steel cavity ensures uniform circulation of heat
- LED display light to give you total control over the cooking
- 900 watts means low heat, which means it will take long to cook and warm food.
8. Bosch 23 L Convection Microwave Oven
The Bosch 23 L is no different than Haier, but it has a few things that you might find unusual. Like it is competitors, it also equipped with five modes of cooking. You can bake, grill, reheat and even defrost.
On the safety side, it has two features that keep you and your family safe. The first is the child lock features, which allows you to operate it with a set of codes before and after cooking. Second, its glass covered surface prevents emission from entering the microwave that could harm food or damage the interior of the microwave.
Bosch also makes a point of testing the microwave in their warehouse before they send it to any home in India. It means you’ll receive a microwave oven that’s in good condition and will last you for years. That said, I find that Bosch has a high score when it comes to safety, which means you will cook your meal fast with a peace of mind.
No Indian dish is complete without Tandoori chicken, and Bosch made it possible for you to cook Tandoori chicken using their microwave. Seriously, what could be more excellent than that. A great bonus included on this microwave is the roller ring that allow uniform circulation of heat when you are rolling. Trust me. You won’t regret owning this.
- Comes with 5 mode of cooking essential for baking, grill, preheating, Tandoori, and defrosting
- Has 121 auto programmable menus for you to prepare any Indian dishes
- There’s also 5 power setting to meet all your cooking needs
- Has a stylish surface that’s easy to clean
- I used the microwave for a week and I noticed that there’s a strange noise while using it. Bosch needs to do something about this.
9. LG 28 L Convection Microwave Oven (Mc2846BV, Black)
Like the Godrej, this is also a 28 L capacity microwave that’s ideal for large families. Most importantly, it also offers more room for large bowls and dinner plates. You can quickly cook two whole chicken in it fast for a large family.
Apart from that these latest models make it easier for you to create (or warm) pure ghee in a less than 12 minutes. The ghee holds no smells either after you have cooked it on a microwave. But ghee is not the only thing you can do with LG. You can also prepare the delicious paneer and curd with it for yourself or family.
Its programmable auto cook menu makes it easier for you to select the dish you want to cook, boil, and heat food fast. The only thing you need is to ‘press start’, and you’ll have your meal ready.
The stainless cavity which is a representation of the interior and exterior part allows for uniform heating to take places, which means you will have your food cooking inside fast. Thanks to the keep warm setting, you can leave your food inside the microwave for 90 minutes without it getting cold.
Unlike the most microwave oven, the LG 28 model comes with a quartz heater which protects your hands from injury and burning when you get rid of or place food inside the microwave. It is the one feature that makes LG 28l convection microwave oven the safest to use.
- The 28 L capacity is great for big families that enjoy saving time on meals.
- Programmed with 151 auto cook menus for you to use in your cooking
- Makes it easier for you to prepare paneer, curd, and ghee fast.
- Able to keep your food warm for 90 minutes
- The company does not list how much power it uses to run the microwave.
10. Haier 20 L Convection Microwave Oven ( HIL200I CSPH. Silver)
Gone are days when you could have a microwave that does one function: Preheating alone. A modern microwave should be versatile and give you the options to cook, bake and warm food. And there’s no better microwave than Haier 20 L model that can meet all your cooking and heating needs on the go.
Because it is 20 L capacity, it is the perfect microwave for a small family of four or anyone that leaves alone. Apart from that, the 20 L capacity model comes with five heating power modes to speed up your cooking and help you make tastier meals for your family.
The most important feature I love from the Haier is the standby mode and its role is to make you sure that you are saving 40% of your energy bills when you are using a microwave. Imagine that.
I tested Haier 20 L convection and IFB 25 L to determine which one saves more energy power, I found out that you can save more with Haier 20 L model than IFB 25 L. You have more reasons to go with Haier.
- Beautiful glass finish that’s makes the microwave have a glossy feel
- You save 40% on energy bills thanks its standby mode
- Comes with painted steel rolls to ensure uniform distribution of heat
- The 20 L capacity very so small. The only thing I like out of it the energy saving function.
How to Choose the perfect Microwave Oven?
Can I be honest with you?
Spending 10,000 rupees on a microwave doesn’t mean that you buy the cheapest microwave on the market. In my understanding, it means looking at the value the microwave has and how it is going to enhance your cooking without giving a dent in your pocket.
That said, if you need a microwave oven under Rs.10,000, there are some factors/features your microwave oven needs to have. Most importantly, it needs to match the benefit you will get if you bought a high-end microwave oven today.
Ready, okay! Here is the list of features you need to keep in mind.
1. Size and Power
How much power does the microwave emit? Size and power affect how you are going to cook your food. In other words, it means getting your food ready in the next 5 minutes or waiting a little bit longer.
And since we are living a busy life with a hectic schedule, you need to save time in the Kitchen and do important things. That said, a good microwave oven selling under rs. 10,000 should deliver 1,000 to 1, 6000 watts of power. With this power potential, you can cook food for the family and yourself fast. A mid-range microwave can give you between 800 to 1,000 watts of power, but it could mean that you will have to wait for your meals.
Apart from power, consider the capacity. Capacity affect your choice of the microwave but it also depends on the needs you have. If you leave alone or have a small family of four, you can do well with microwaves having 20 to 25 L capacity.
More than 25 L capacity is ideal for large families of 7, 9 and 10. If you also do lots of cooking or run a restaurant, the large size is perfect for you.
It’s no surprise that you’ll find a great microwave on under 10,000 rupees without turntables or having poor quality turntables. If you get a microwave, the first thing you need to inspect is the quality of turntables because they are responsible for uniform cooking.
You don’t want to stop the microwave now and then to changes food by hands. The good news is some of the microwaves we have used have turntables.
Chances are, you will one day use a convection microwave to cook lots of dishes simultaneously. It happens lots of time when you have a large family. But buying a microwave for under 10,000 rupees does not mean that you don’t get racks.
Consider buying a microwave oven that has racks so that you can cook two meals at the same time. Finally, make sure that it also has an ample space to let you prepare those two meals on the go. Otherwise, what’s the need of getting the racks if you have a small microwave that won’t allow you to place two meals inside the microwave.
4. Oven features
The most expensive microwave always come with over 100 pre-programmed menus which lets you select and cook meals with easy. The good news is that under 10,000 rupees, you can get such a microwave. And we have included in our list of microwaves that have over 100 menus so that you don’t have limits over what you can’t cook and can cook in your microwave oven.
The biggest challenges you will ever face when choosing a microwave oven under Rs. 10,000 lies in performance. With that said, always look at the key features such as size, power, turntables, racks and oven feature before you shell out your cash. If you don’t feel like investing much in your Microwave Ovens, you can check our best Microwave oven under Rs. 5000 list.
It can be the difference between you taking ages to cook your meals and having them in the record time. Thanks to our collection of the best microwave under rs. 10,000, you’ll have great peace of mind using them because we have tested all of them in our chain of restaurants and they work well.
For those having a big family they should invest in a big model of 25 L capacity and above. Second, they should also consider the power potential of the microwave. I hope that this article has helped you narrow down the choices you have so that you can choose the best microwave for yourself.