In this fast-paced lifestyle where technology is taking over everything and offering better output and quality in exchange, using the old traditional way of cooking is gone! Microwave Oven is the new, easy and healthy way of cooking. Let’s face it, There are lots of reviews and buying guides about the best microwave oven, but here are two reasons why this review is different from anything you have read out there:
- We’ve spent lots of man-hours testing and analyzing every cutting-edge microwave oven to find out the best-selling features that matter for you. In other words, what will appeal to common household chefs like you and me.
- We’ve scoured the Amazon, Kitchen Recipes, Indian community and Reddit forums to find out opinions and comments people have about these microwaves. In fact, we had to interview some of the best Culinary Connoisseurs who have unique taste buds to tell us why they love these microwave ovens.
Whether it is your first time, or you are looking for something that will help you save time and enjoy your meal, this article has all the information to help you select the Best convection microwave oven in India.
You get the idea! Although using a microwave may affect the nutrient content of the food as some expert says. By the way, I can’t dispute that or say they are wrong. Guess what I found out in a Knick knack of time? Research from the Cornell University states that Spinach retains its nutrients when used in a microwave, but losses 77% of the nutrients when used in a cooking stove. The Bottom line is, Microwave Ovens don’t destroy the nutrients in your food.But that’s not all, most food substance, when exposed to heat, do lose nutrients when overcooked. In fact, a microwave uses less heat compared to other cooking methods.
But before buying a Microwave Oven; just like every other appliances, it’s important to know your requirement.
Got no time to read the reviews? Here’s our best pick which you can go ahead and buy right away!
|1. IFB 30 L Convection Microwave Oven||2. IFB 23-L Convection Microwave Oven||3. LG 28 L Convection Microwave Oven|
|Check Best Price||Check Best Price||Check Best Price|
- 1 Factors to consider before buying a Microwave Oven
- 2 Top 10 Best Convection Microwave Oven in India 2018
- 2.1 1. IFB 30 L Convection Microwave Oven
- 2.2 2. IFB 23BC4 23-Litre Convection Microwave Oven
- 2.3 3. LG 28 L Convection Microwave Oven
- 2.4 4. Samsung 21L Microwave Oven
- 2.5 5. Morphy Richards 25-Litre Convection Oven
- 2.6 6. IFB 20 L Convection Microwave Oven
- 2.7 7. Samsung 21 L Convection Microwave Oven
- 2.8 8. Godrej 30 L Convection Microwave Oven
- 2.9 9. Bajaj 23 L Convection Microwave Oven
- 2.10 10. Morphy Richards 20MBG 20-Litre Grill Microwave
Factors to consider before buying a Microwave Oven
Truth be told, 100 conventional microwaves are coming out every year, but there’s one small catch: most of you see on the shelf today are not even worthy your money. And if you rely on bloggers to choose the best microwave oven, you are doing yourself a disservice.
Anyone that tells you need an expensive or cheap microwave, either hasn’t used a microwave before or they writing a review to make quick bucks. But here’s is the interesting thing: Most people that feed you that information doesn’t even know your needs. Bear with me, because I’m going to show you how to choose a microwave:
1. Wattage/Power Control
Visit any reviews on the internet and you will find the following comment when it comes to choosing a conventional microwave. But here’s the problem and give me a chance to explain. If you buy a microwave oven today and let’s say you want to use 50% of the heat which is 500W and if you have 1000W microwave, what about the energy wasted? The microwave oven will give 100% output of heat even when you set it at 50% or 20%. This means, uneven heat which leads to burnt cakes and puddle butter.
Even the preset settings won’t be of help unless they come with sensors. And most reviews you read online, never tell you this. It’s not their fault, it’s just that most of them don’t use microwave or choose to be ignorant.
So, what’s the point? You need a microwave with linear power control or choose an inverter-based unit. Unlike traditional microwave, this type of oven produces 50% heat output, when you set it to 50% and 100% when you set them at 100%. And the best part is, you won’t have uneven heat or overcooked food.
2. Size or Capacity
When it comes to choosing a microwave, size matters a lot. In fact, if you have a family of four, you’ll need a big microwave. In other words, you may need a microwave that has two or more shelves, because they allow you to maximize the space well.
If you have a small family or you are living alone, you can choose a 0.5 cubic feet microwave that can help you prepare coffee and soups very quickly.
The size also depends on the nature of work you need to do with a microwave. For instance, if you are into baking or want to use one for your restaurant, then you need big model that works fast.
3. Must-have features
Whether you are looking for a low-end or high-end microwave, there are certain features that you need in microwave. In fact, any microwave without these features is a waste of cash.
You want to have microwave oven that has programmed setting because they take the guesswork out of preparing food easier. When you are buying such kind of microwave make sure they come with humidity sensors which calculate cooking time based on the steam your food has.
If you have large dishes that can’t rotate when you are using a microwave, then you need to look for a microwave that lets you shut the turntables so that you can warm the food in a stationary position.
4. Child-lockout feature
If you have a kid at home who can’t operate a microwave or you just need to keep the kid away from using the microwave, you’ll need to use a microwave that has a press sequence. This kind of microwave allows you to press a sequence of numbers (1234) before they can even run. And the best part is, this keeps your kid safe. You will never have to worry about accidents happening in the kitchen.
Now that we’ve cleared that out the way let’s look at the best conventional microwave most culinary connoisseurs recommend for you. If you’re budget constrained, you check our list of Best Microwave oven under Rs. 10000 & Rs. 5000 So below is the List and their comparison.
Top 10 Best Convection Microwave Oven in India 2018
1. IFB 30 L Convection Microwave Oven
You might find IFB microwave flooding this list of best Microwave ovens because of their low price, high durability and overall excellent customer service. This IFB Microwave is the best Microwave Oven in Indian market. With a capacity of 30L, this IFB Microwave comes with wide range of features which you can find in different expensive Microwaves.While this Microwave is the best value for money, as for few more thousand Rupees, you can get a much bigger size microwave oven.
While this IFB Microwave is no different than the other IFB products mentioned in this list, this is the only IFB Microwave oven which comes with Rotisserie. If you don’t know what Rotisserie is, it’s a motorized process which continuously turns the meat to circulate the marinade, giving you that excellent juicy taste in every bite. It can be used for paneer tikka or other dishes which are cooked raw into the stick. This particular model comes with 101 standard menu options and steam cleaning to make your overall cooking experience hassle-free.
- Floral Panel
- 101 Auto cook Menus
- Steam clean
- Multi-Stage Cooking
- Keep Warm
- Child lock & more
- 30L Capacity for big families.
- Comes with 360 Degree Rotisserie.
- Other pros are similar to IFB products.
- The floral design makes it difficult to watch the food inside the oven.
- Big dimensions.
2. IFB 23BC4 23-Litre Convection Microwave Oven
At this price, I think this can be considered as the best convection microwave oven. It has excellent built quality, features, design and the name of a reputed Microwave brand. IFB is a well known Indian brand with a significant history of making kitchen appliances with a high focus on durability and value for money. The overall built quality of this Microwave oven is excellent and can last for a long time if well maintained. The floral panel in this Microwave allows keeping the heat inside the oven for a long time, which in turn keeps your food warm for a considerable time even after the Microwave was turned off.
The IFB 23BC4 23-Litre Convection Microwave Ovenhas a 23L capacity which allows you to cook the right quantity of food at a single use because of its enormous size. This oven has up to 10 power levels, and the temperature can be raised to a maximum of 220 degree Celsius.
I have baked cakes and pizzas which came out to be perfect. Overall during my review period, the oven worked great, and after delivery, IFB even called to confirm the demo session. Also, the Fermentation feature in IFB 23BC4 Convection Microwave Oven takes care of yogurt preparation. With Deodorise/Steam/Disinfect, the microwave and utensil remain clean no matter how frequently you use this appliance. With a 40% saving on power, look no further. IFB offers a 1-year warranty on the overall product and for essential parts like Magnetron & Cavity they provide three years warranty.
- 23L Oven with Floral Panel for preventing heat dissipation.
- Disinfect, Power Save (Makes power saving of over 40% as compared to an average Microwave Oven)
- Keep Warm
- Multi-Stage Cooking with Auto cook menus (71 Auto Cook Menu)
- Weight Defrost and Steam Clean (The machine has auto clean feature which uses steam to clean the machine after use)
- Floral panel, disinfect, power save and deodorise
- Keep warm, multi-stage cooking and weight defrost
- 71 auto cook menu and steam clean
- Stainless Steel Cavity, LED display
- Temperature 220 degree Celsius ,10 Power levels, 10 temperature levels with temperature settings
- Combi-Tec which allows both (Grill + Microwave) and (Convection + Microwave)
- Weight defrost system
- Due to the floral design, it’s hard to see the cooking process going on inside the oven. Although it’s not any big Con, this is the only thing which I kind of dislike about this IFB Microwave.
3. LG 28 L Convection Microwave Oven
LG 28L Microwave is also known as Charcoal Oven as it provides everything you expect from a Microwave appliance like Stewing, roasting, baking, browning, Pasteurizing, Barbecuing, Diet-Frying, heating, steaming and grilling.
This is the best LG Microwave with over 251 Auto cook menus that won’t let you stay hungry. The Stainless Steel Cavity enables better reflection and uniformity of heating inside the cavity for better even cooking. Unlike other Microwave ovens, this cavity doesn’t peel off and last lifetime.
The unique feature of this Microwave is Diet fry (High on taste, light on waist), which cooks your dishes with the least oil similar to an Air Fryer. This Microwave is the only appliance in this list, which comes with Ghee Auto cook menu which prepares Ghee in 12 mins. If you want a quality product and don’t mind spending some extra bucks, this should be your go-to Microwave oven.
- 251 Auto Cook menu, combination cooking.
- 28-Litres capacity.
- Auto defrost.
- Diet Fry.
- Tandori heater, smartwave technology, degree 360 degree clean.
- Crispy grilling, black front finish and black cabinet.
- Control Type: Tact dial.
- Power: 1950 watts, Operating Voltage: 230 volts.
- Warranty: 3 years on product.
- Large 28L Capacity for faster cooking.
- Trust and support of LG brand.
- Diet Fry
- Ghee making in 12 mins.
- Beautiful and modern design
- Not any that I found.
4. Samsung 21L Microwave Oven
If you’re an Indian, you might be aware of the quality of electronics Samsung offers. This Microwave is the best in the class with massive capacity and a ceramic coating inside the microwave oven. The traditional microwave has a Non-stick or black coating to enhance the heat flow inside the oven, but it gets removed after some time. The black Ceramic Enamel coating inside this Samsung Microwave oven doesn’t come off, unlike traditional Non-stick coatings. If you don’t believe me, Samsung provides a lifetime warranty of its ceramic coating inside the oven.
This Oven also comes with Auto-cook menus, which has over 30 auto cook menus which can cook delicious food with a click of a button. If you’re somewhere who is looking for an Air Fryer along with a Microwave, this is a go-to Microwave as it comes with Slim fry. Now, What exactly this Slim fry does? The revolutionary Slim Fry Smart Oven circulates hot air, creating food with a crispy texture and moist interior using only a touch of oil.
If you like Punjabi-style lachha parathas, Mughal-inspired Tandoori rotis, and delicious butter naans, this Microwave won’t disappoint you because of its Tandoor technology which replicates tandoor-like conditions with a temperature of up to 200-degree Celsius.
- Convection : Can be used for baking along with grilling, reheating, defrosting and cooking
- Touch Keypad (Membrane) is sensitive to touch and easy to clean
- Slim Fry
- Tandoor Technology
- Curd Any Time (Fermentation function)
- Child Lock : Ensures complete safety especially for homes with small children
- 21L Capacity
- Best Value for Money Microwave Oven
- Ceramic Enamel coating
- Slim Fry for oil free cooking.
- Enough preset modes (30 auto cook menus)
- Very elegant and premium design
- Max Temperature 200°C
- Grill is another slow cooking option
5. Morphy Richards 25-Litre Convection Oven
Morphy Richards, the England brand known for its premium Kitchen appliances which offer excellent quality; has made up to our list of best Convection Microwave Oven. This Morphy Richard 23 liter convection oven has a stainless steel cavity, which keeps the interiors of the cavity scratch-free and stain-resistant and makes your cleaning process quicker. The stainless steel cavity also ensures better reflection of microwave rays for much faster and power efficient cooking. This Microwave comes with a beautiful Mirror finished doors which adds up to your kitchen’s overall classy look.
With 1300 volts being the average power consumption in the microwave mode, an output power of 800W is assured. It consumes 1200W in Convection and Grill modes. The Microwave comes with 11 level of heating to ensure much more precise cooking as per your requirement. To ease the process of selecting the power levels, this is the only Microwave which comes with 11 Power level buttons which can change the overall heat inside the microwave with a touch of a button.
The Digital display is reasonably bright to provide a clear view in broad daylight. This Microwave comes with pre-programmed Auto cook menus which can help you prepare delicious dishes without the hassle of selecting different options.
- 23 litres capacity and mirror glass door.
- Varied convection cooking.
- Combination cooking (Convection, micro and grill).
- Stainless steel cavity and child lock.
- 10 auto cook options and 5 power levels.
- Overheat and sensory protection.
- Power Consumption: Microwave 1300 watts and Grill 1200 watts; Power output: 800 watts.
- Warranty: 2 years on product.
- Very Sleek and elegant design.
- Auto cook menus just work amazingly. Just follow the Auto-cook guide provided with the Microwave.
- Microwave mode is awesome and can cook rice in 15 mins with great aroma.
- Convection mode works great for roasting food like Chicken
- Power consumption is decent
- The Microwave oven is bit noisy.
- Convection mode is not so great for baking cakes even with the Auto-cook menu provided with the Oven.
- There’s no rotisserie option. (best Roti maker reviews)
6. IFB 20 L Convection Microwave Oven
IFB, the name is enough in the Microwave oven industry. With over a decade of experience in making kitchen appliances, IFB products are generally excellent at durability. This 20L Microwave Oven is superior in looks with the glass finish which provides a premium look to it. This Microwave consumes around 1200 watts of power which is decent for its size and functions. Talking about the overall design of this Microwave oven, it’s possibly the best looking Microwave Oven in India at this price.
It has a holding capacity of 20L which is relatively decent for a family of 4. The Microwave comes with 10 Temperature and ten power levels to allow you to select the most suitable heating conditions for the best cooking.
Along with many other features, it also comes with a unique Combi-Tech function which enables you to use Grill and Microwave at the same time. If you plan to make sandwiches in your oven, this Combi-Tech feature would be beneficial in such situations. The only downside to this product is the service offered from IFB for its Microwave oven. While I have never faced any such issues, most people complain about their service is a bit slow.
- 20 Litre Capacity
- Power: Microwave: 1200 watts, Convection: 1200 watts and Grill: 1250 watts
- Operating Voltage: 230 volts
- 10 power levels
- Combi-Tec: 2 – (Grill + Microwave) and 4 – (Convection + Microwave)
- Speed defrost, steam clean and multi stage cooking
- 101 cooking menus, express cooking, auto reheat and deodorize
- Worthy purchase.
- Best for moderate cooking like baking, grilling.
- 20L is sufficient if you have a small family. It is not too big and not too small.
- 24 Auto Cook menus.
- You get a food recipe book which has detail steps to prepare delicious dishes.
- 3 Years of warranty.
- IFB Service
- Nothing that I found during the testing period.
7. Samsung 21 L Convection Microwave Oven
It is the second Samsung Microwave in this list. Well, why not? Samsung is known for the trust and the quality of the appliance they make. This 21L Samsung Microwave oven is no different. It has got all the bells and whistles that you can expect from a Microwave in this range.
Samsung Microwaves are the only one in the industry, which comes with a Ceramic Enamel coating to protect the inner surface from scratches for a lifetime. And the most exciting part, this Microwave comes with a 10 Yr warranty! The company claims this Microwave to be scratch proof, and no discoloration would occur during this 10 yrs.
This Samsung 800 watt microwave oven is not just a stunner in looks but also offers equally impressive performance. This microwave oven includes a triple distribution system that enables perfect cooking of food by even heat distribution from all sides via the three antennas. The Samsung microwave oven also has a rapid defrost feature that defrosts frozen food quickly to room temperature and aids in the better cooking of the food. Another unique feature of this oven is its Eco button that helps in saving standby power up to 40 percent and thereby saves a lot of energy.
- TDS (Triple Distribution System) for heat
- Ceramic Enamel coating
- Indian Recipe Auto cook
- Keep warm feature
- Power defrost
- 10 years of Warranty
- Value for money with 10 years of warranty!
- Ceramic Enamel coating
- Healthy cooking due to no chipping of color.
- TDS Technology.
- Doesn’t come with any utensils.
- No kit provided with the product whereas it’s mentioned on the Amazon page.
8. Godrej 30 L Convection Microwave Oven
Godrej is another trusted Indian brand which provides a high-quality appliance at a moderate price. This 30 L Microwave by Godrej has all the features you would expect from any other Microwave brand. This Microwave comes with a floral panel just like most of the Microwaves in this list. The Microwave looks very well built and adds great appeal to your kitchen layout. It comes with an anti-bacterial Stainless steel cavity which prevents and bacteria inside the Microwave. Unfortunately, the microwave misses out on steam/auto clean.
Coming on to the features of this Microwave, it comes with a unique Preset option which allows you to that lets you set the cooking option in advance while you can manage other chores. It comes with Auto-cook menus, child lock, and combination cooking. Surely a buy if you’re a Godrej fan or else, this Microwave doesn’t offer any WOW feature. If you’re looking for a Microwave bigger than the size of 30L, we strongly suggest checking out our list of Microwave Oven Combo 2018 (US)
- 141 insta-cook menus
- Combination and preset cooking
- Auto protection & 10 power levels
- Warranty: 1 year on product and 3 years on magnetron
- Power: 2200 watts; Operating voltage: 230 volts
- Combined cooking
- Large 30L Capacity for less price.
- Less buttons to prevent confusions.
- Misses out on many Auto-cook features.
- Looks a bit outdated.
9. Bajaj 23 L Convection Microwave Oven
Bajaj, a name which immediately reminds you of one of India’s most trusted brand with a significant focus on value for money products. This 23L microwave is no different; it has elegant looks as well as features which makes it a good buy in this list. But why is the Microwave deep down in the list? Well, Bajaj has decidedly fewer Microwaves in the market. While it doesn’t make any difference in quality, but it sure makes a difference in service.
- Convection and grill model.
- Electronic control and multiple power levels.
- Black body and stainless steel cavity.
- Digital timer, keep warm function and steam clean.
- Capacity: 23 liters.
- High affordable for the size.
- Great design
- Has all the features of a best Microwave oven in this category.
- Demo was provided on time
- Membrane touch buttons would have been better
10. Morphy Richards 20MBG 20-Litre Grill Microwave
This Morphy Richards 20MBG comes with a capacity of 20 liters. The microwave is equipped with the multi-stage cooking feature which lets you cook and grill separately. There are many modes of operation that the microwave provides. You can choose the perfect setting for your dish by using the mirror finish control panel. Navigate between the various modes of operation, set the time for which you want your food to cook, and you are all set to relish your dishes freshly prepared. You can also defrost the food right after you have taken it out of the refrigerator by using the defrost function.
One other feature that makes this microwave oven a must-have piece in your kitchen is the powder coated cavity. The appliance consumes 1270 watts and operates on 230V 50Hz AC supply. Buy this microwave oven from the house of Morphy Richards and enhance the taste of your various dishes. Shop for your favorite products on Amazon India and experience the joy of shopping online.
- Multi-stage cooking
- Mirror glass door
- 8 auto cook options
- Warranty: 2 years on product
- Power input: Microwave 1270 watts, Grill 1000 watts; Power output: 800 watt
- Capacity: 20 Liters
- Looks very elegant with buttons placed perfectly.
- A knob provides better cooking and helps in heavy duty.
- Has combination cooking of Microwave+Grill+Convection.
- Multi-Stage cooking.
- Material quality is not good.
- Microwave starts catching rust.
- Only has 4 levels of heating.
Are you browsing from US, well, we have our list of best Microwave ovens for our US viewers, you can check below
If you are looking to buy a microwave today, you need to be a smart shopper. You need to know the features that matter to you and how those features can make it easy your cooking. I consider microwave to be a must-have kitchen appliance in every home. You may not feel the urgency to have your conventional microwave at the moment, but a time comes when you need to save time in the kitchen.
During such time, when you have an important appointment or a special guest at home, all you will be thinking, is why didn’t you get a microwave. Not only will save you time but it will help you become efficient especially if you are multitasking in the kitchen. Yes, you can choose from our selection of Best Convection Microwave Oven in India.