Even though induction technology made its way into most kitchens in the early 1900s, it wasn’t until a few decades ago that induction cooking came into full swing. The reasons for its popularity were glaringly evident.
For the first time, there was something that could heat pots and pans directly, doing away with the need for an electric or gas-heated element. This meant lots of space saving because compact induction cooktops could now take the place of relatively larger electric cooking range or gas cooktops in the kitchen.
Then again, heating was much more rapid too – water could be boiled up to 50% faster – and the same accurate temperature could be retained all throughout the cooking process. Besides, the cooktop surface would stay cooler, making clean-up super easy! Spill-overs and stains can be cleaned up almost as soon as the cooktop gets messy without waiting for it to cool down.
However, inductions only work with specific magnetic-base cookware, rendering the other metal pots and pans in your kitchen useless. Switching completely to a built-in induction cooktop may not be helpful; placing an extra dual-burner induction with your existing cooking range can allow all the advantages of induction cooking without making metal dishes unusable.
Best Portable Double Burner Induction Cooktops
- Extremely lightweight making it ideal for outdoor cooking
- Touch controls very easy to operate. Temperature control can change from low to medium heat and boil mode at the touch of a button.
- Comes with 8 types of cooking modes for frying, sautéing, heating, or boiling
- Glass surface makes it easy to clean too
- Child lock safety system prevents accidental injuries
- The cooling fans can be unusually loud, almost as loud as that of a stove vent
- Both the burners must share equal power wattage of 1800 watts; if the left burner is set at the highest setting, the right one wouldn’t work.
One of the best products in this range, it’s ideal when you want to cook it large! The double cooktop provision is big enough to hold large pots and pans for hosting large gatherings.
The glass-top design is quite pleasing too and it comes equipped with all the necessary safety features and function modes for comfortable cooking. There are two independent heating zones, each separated with an LCD display screen.
This makes for easy cooking, allowing for use of both burners at the same time to cook faster and more efficiently. The heating element of the induction cooktop works quite fast, heating up pots and pans almost as soon as they’re placed on the appliance.
The in-built timer makes it fairly easy to switch from one setting to the other, almost instantly. Consistency of temperature ensures even and burn-free cooking. The cooktop offers choice between power and temperature modes.
Besides, each mode has 20 pre-set levels to suit your exact cooking need. You can easily switch between cooking modes depending on what you’re cooking. The cooktop is extremely energy-efficient too. What’s more? It works great to make curries or fry up delicacies. Duxtop also manufactures a smaller single element model that you can find in our Portable Electric Stove Reviews.
- The heating element is amazingly rapid; you’d literally get hot boiling water or crispy bacon in just 2 minutes!
- Extremely easy to clean and maintain
- Just as quick as it heats up, it cools down faster too whenever the temperature is adjusted or the appliance turned off
- Compared to gas stove, it hardly takes any time to reach the desired cooking temperature – extremely fast and hassle-free food preparation
- The cooling fan sound is a tad bit loud and unpleasant to hear
- May not be compatible with all kinds of cookware
- Temperature settings aren’t displayed in degrees which may make it difficult for some users in case of some dishes
Another great offering from NutriChef, this one’s a classic delight in your kitchen in its exclusive digital ceramic design. The product is carefully designed to provide quick heating and facilitate instant food preparation.
Unexpected guests to arrive for dinner? No worries! With the NutriChef Portable Double Burner Induction Cooktop, you can quickly heat or boil water, sear steaks or fries, and even steam rice and veggies in a jiffy. Everything is extremely convenient for the user and highly safe too.
The sensor touch controls make switching between different temperature modes literally child’s play. Yet, the child safety lock system would ensure that children can’t get near enough to the appliance and accidentally injure themselves. There’s a Keep Warm setting too so that your food stays warm and ready to serve hot and fresh.
Another great feature of this dual-burner induction cooktop is that it’s safely compatible with cast iron, enamelled iron, and stainless steel pans and pots with flat bottom. Also, compared to radaint electric cooktops, this unit is safer as it remains cool. Besides, it’s extremely light in weight and compact in design too which makes it perfect for both indoor and outdoor cooking.
- The design of the cooktop is sleek and trendy which perfectly gels well with any contemporary kitchen look
- The two separate and independent heating elements make for parallel and faster cooking
- Easy to use controls and commands
- Great price for excellent features
- 8 power levels to choose from for varied cooking needs
- Saves energy considerably
- Safe to be used with small kids around
- Easy to clean ceramic surface; can be wiped with warm water and soap and a soft towel
- Advanced timer can be programmed to be set from one minute to as long as three hours
- Requires compatible cookware that can be safely used only on inductions
Measuring 17.2″ along the primary dimension, the HA1911 sports two appropriately powerful induction elements that can serve a variety of cooking needs including melting, boiling , sautéing, searing and frying. The right element has a broader power range and is meant for handling high-heat cooking while the left burner aces at light cooking. To be precise, the right burner is rated between a range of 200 – 1800 watts and the left one spans between 200 – 700 watts.
There’s another unique highlight about this product that might very well prove to be a selling point for some. The portable cooktop comes with a pair of table legs that can be easily fixed on either sides across the length of the cooktop. Once fixed in place, it gives the cooktop and elevation of around 7 inches. This could come in handy if you’ve got curious children roaming around in your kitchen.
Despite being priced competitively, the brand doesn’t seem to hold back in any area. The sensor touch control panel of the cooktop is pretty sensitive and the tempered glass finish of the surface is very easy to clean. The dual induction cooktop comes with 6 different temperature modes and a hoard of timer settings for the user to program appropriate permutations for unique recipe requirements.
Besides, its portable design ensures that it makes for great cooking indoors with family or as an excellent outdoor partner on picnics and holidays with loved ones. Such compact cooktops are particularly ideal for motorhomes. Not to forget, its price is what makes it stand out in the double-induction cooktop market. However, like all induction smoothtops, you must ensure to use compatible cookware thereby ensuring its functionality, durability and aesthetics. The HA1191 works only with magnetic cookware or the ones that are labelled ‘induction-ready’.
- Equipped with an in-built magnet to test cookware before use
- No plastic edges so makes it safe for use even when heated up
- Extremely affordable at a competitive price
- Crystal glass finish facilitates easier clean-up
- Timer can be set to up to 4 hours
- Safety lock feature makes it safe for kids
- Convenient for small kitchen spaces
- Couldn’t find any
Equipped with as many as 15 different temperature setting options, you’d really love working with this two burner induction cooktop. Plus, it’s highly portable which is icing on the cake! Use it in the kitchen or outdoors when you need to and when not, simply pack it away in storage until future use.
The product comes with a 1-year manufacturer warranty provided by Evergreen so that any damage or defect is well taken care of. The appliance material is stain-resistant so that makes it very easy to clean even after hours of cooking. No hard stains that set on your countertop surface unlike classic gas stoves.
Besides, the appliance uses a “no more gap” design technology that helps prevent food bits and grease collecting around or seeping into the device. There are 15 separate heat control settings for both the burners. Temperature can be easily modified or adjusted as per need.
Sensor touch controls makes operation extremely easy. Now you can simmer, deep fry, boil, sauté, sear, steam, slow cook, or grill anything in just minutes without the fear of food burning. The powerful 1800-watt cooktop has more than sufficient power to run both the cooking surfaces.
This inevitably means more saving of time, especially when you’re hosting a meal. It’s so easy to multitask and carry out different tasks too – frying, sautéing, or boiling – all at the same time.
Best Built-In Double Induction Cooktops
- Modern trendy look to suit the tastes of today’s user
- Powerful heating makes cooking faster, efficient and hassle-free
- Built-in timer functionality allows for setting time in the range of 1-99 minutes
- Compatible with most cookware
- Built-in design prevents space blocking on the kitchen countertop
- Comes with hot surface indicator; an “H” gets displayed on the cooking surface for the user to know when it is hot and unsafe to touch
- Being an electric induction cooktop, it can’t be self-serviced by users.
- Requires installation time and proper setup of earth wiring before use
- Some users feel lack of portability may make cleaning difficult
Those looking for flexible cooking power would love this unique device that perfectly blends the high power of gas cooking and the easy clean-up of electric stoves. That said, there’s an added advantage of Emapava induction cooktop providing 70% more efficiency than gas and 20% more than electric.
Not to forget, the device provides for an extremely responsive temperature control at low and high heat modes. This means that you can softly melt something as delicate as chocolate (without burning of course) and boil water to high temperatures in just minutes. All this without the cooktop surface heating up or feeling hot to touch!
This is why cleaning and maintenance of Emapava Built-In 2 Element Induction Cooktop is also relatively convenient. As for compatibility, the cooktop can work great with most stainless steel and cast-iron cookware with a magnetic base.
The product comes with a two-year manufacturer warranty, unlike the standard one-year by most brands. It’s extremely robust, bearing excessive heat without the risk of cracking/chipping. There are 9 power level settings to choose from a minimum of 100W to a total of up to 1800W power sharing.
- Easy to use sensor touch controls with LCD display
- Prevents blocking of kitchen space with sleek built-in design
- Scratch-resistant vitro ceramic glass that can be cleaned easily and maintained for longer
- Auto shutdown feature ensures that the appliance would automatically shut off even if you forget to turn it off after use
- Child lock feature ensures that the appliance isn’t used other than what it’s intended for
- Economical; offered at an easy-to-afford price
- May not be compatible with certain type of cookware such as those without magnetic base
This one is unbeatable in looks and price both. And besides that too, there are several other features in favour of this appliance. The induction cooktop comes with several protection functionalities that guarantee child safety, protection against overheating, auto-shutdown feature, and detection of small dangerous articles.
The digital sensor touch control interface is equipped with 9 power levels. This provides for accurate switching from one temperature level to another – boil to simmer – in just an instant. The smooth vitro ceramic glass surface makes it easy to clean and maintain as well. The appliance comes with a multi-function timer too. Time can be set to up to 99 minutes.
The two cooking zones provide for faster and more efficient cooking. You can easily choose it for varied cuisine type – all of which require different temperature controls. Some of them can be at two extremes such as simmering or boiling. Rapid temperature switch makes for hassle-free cooking.
Perfect for simultaneous cooking at different temperatures – boiling and stir-frying all at once. Besides, there’s nearly zero residual heat from the coils, unlike on a traditional burner. This means a cooler kitchen environment and extreme safety with children around. The smooth finish of the black ceramic surface makes maintenance easier and economical; no scratches at all.
- Ease of use with digital sensor touch controls
- Easy cleaning and longer durability material
- Comfortable curt-out dimension size to perfectly fit any standard countertop space
- Auto pot detection feature provides for higher safety
- Child safety lock prevents accidental injuries
- Provides high-end classy look to match any kitchen décor
- Excellent quality at bargain price; great economical choice for most customers
- May not work as perfect at lower temperatures; saucepan may produce an annoying whistle or high-pitched sound at lower temperatures
- Interface may be slightly confusing to some users
This built-in and free-standing dual-burner induction cooktop comes with several commendable features. Sensor touch control with digital display screen provides for easier operation and control. The rubber feet provided on the appliance can be easily removed to exactly fit the cut-out dimension size of your countertop space.
The ceramic glass surface of the device is scratch-resistant which assures higher durability. (Incorporate these tips to prevent scratches from your end). There is also a protection feature against overheating of the appliance. Another interesting functionality provided in this induction cooktop is automatic detection of pot base. This means that the induction wouldn’t turn on until the correct cookware type is placed on its surface.
Another security feature that comes with the device is automatic disconnection of power cord in case of overflow of liquid while cooking. The heating element of the device is also excellent, providing for 17 power levels per cooking zone. You can cook almost anything in much lesser time than a classic gas stove.
This induction cooktop is specifically designed to be environment-friendly too. The standby mode is set below 1 watt to save energy when not in use. The product too is packed in natural, earth-friendly honeycomb paper. Extremely sensitive temperature control that allows prompt heating and cooling makes cooking convenient even for a beginner.
Double Induction Cooktops - A Comprehensive Buying Guide
Types of Dual Induction Cooktops: Built-in vs Portable
In modern kitchens, space can often be a constraint. Built-in 2 burner induction cooktop helps free up your countertop space. Besides, the sleek style they lend to your kitchen can make you crave for replacing your old-fashioned heavy electric/gas stove at the earliest.
There’s one drawback though that a drop in induction cooktop isn’t portable. As such, they can make cleaning a real challenge; not suitable for cooking that ends up in lots of spills and splatters.
For whom clean kitchen surfaces and countertops are a priority, portable double induction cooktop presents a better option. They give you the freedom to lift up or move around your induction top for better cleaning. You can even carry them outside the house, on holidays/picnics/weddings.
However, some people may find single-induction cooktops more convenient to move around than the dual induction ones. Some models also produce too much sound from the cooling fans.
Pros and Cons | Drop-In Double-Burner Induction Cooktop
True to its name, a drop-in double-burner induction cooktop can be literally dropped in to your countertop space. This inevitably means more kitchen space, neat look, and trendy style to the kitchen décor too. However, this also means that this type of induction restricts proper cleaning. Of course, spill-overs can be cleaned up from the surface but what about the invisible tiny food particles under the countertop space? They aren’t noticeable but they’re still there. Without proper cleaning, hygiene can soon become an issue to ponder upon. Also, the drop-in induction becomes immobile; it stays in the allocated area forever.
Additionally, the universal con of Induction cooktops requiring specific type of cookware applies here too. Regardless of the fact that your selection is a drop-in or a portable induction cooktop; you must use non-stick induction ready cookware for the best results.
Pros and Cons | Portable Double Burner Induction Cooktop
The biggest advantage of this induction cooktop type comes in its name itself – portable. The flexibility it allows to its users to freely shove it around from one place to another is simply the best. No hassles in cleaning; you can lift it up and place it down to clean the entire countertop space through. Besides, when you have lots of other stuff in the kitchen and don’t need your induction cooktop around, just pack it away.
However, a double-burner cooktop may not be as portable as the standard single-burner one. Its cooling fans may also sometimes produce large sound.
Built-in or portable induction cooktops – the choice can be as subjective and personal and different for each user. We have only tried to lend an objective eye to each of the two types of induction cooktops available in the market today. We have also made an attempt to highlight the pros and cons of several popular brands in both the categories for users to know before they start shopping around.
In essence, for small kitchen spaces, a built-in or drop-in design lends the best possible convenience. However, the portability factor in the other one definitely scores a point over its trendier counterpart.